Zune Marketplace slow

I still have Windows phone 7.  I've upgraded to Windows 8, but still use Zune to sync.  When doing anything on the Zune Marketplace it takes quite a long time to open anything.  The pink bar comes on the middle of the screen and sometimes stays for up to 3-4 minutes.  Downloading is quick, as always, but searching and navigating the Marketplace is extremely slow.  This is on 2 of my computers that are on Windows 8.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have the same problem.  Started to see this about two weeks ago.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Howdy ReignofJerm,

Do you still have Xbox Music open when you are running the Zune software on your Windows 8 machine?  Can you be sure that the Zune software is the only music Marketplace software that's running when you are using it?

Let us know if that helps quicken the Zune experience.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

No, it's actually becoming an epidemic.  I have 2 Windows 8 PC's and 2 Windows 7 PC's and Zune is loaded on all them.  And the marketplace on all of them is slow.  I thought it was Windows 8 as well, till the issue came up on my rebuilt Windows 7 PC.  Doesn't matter what network I'm connected to, as I've tried multiple.  No difference between wired and wireless connection.  3 are using Norton and 1 is using McAfee.  The only connection is they all use my ID.

System Ready

Sorry this didn't help.

me too, dude.  as another commentator stated, this problem started about two or three weeks ago.  I really like the zune marketplace format (unusual as it may be), and it is convenient for my hardware.  But I'm not sure how long I'll be waiting to change services if the problem continues....I don't know.  There isn't much else out there right now that will really work for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

now that i think more about it, seems to have coincided with the transition to xbox music.  i guess microsoft just gave up on the zune....damn.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dont know if this any help but, ive got Xbox Music playing an album, fired up the Zune app, and the marketplace etc in it are all working fast as ever for me. Im only running Defender on this W8 PC.

Sorry this didn't help.

I dunno how to fix zune on windows 8 phones... but for computer issues... I posted on reddit and someone in the community provided me with a fix that gets everything back to normal. Change your connections (TCP/IPv4) settings DNS servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. I did it on my router so all the computers in my house would be affected. So far so good, I can enjoy my music again!

Sorry this didn't help.

i gave the aforementioned dns servers a try and, for me, it seemed to improve the marketplace speed by about one third.  The problem was that my internet browser loaded about 50% slower.  I do hope microsoft will at least acknowledge that there's a problem just so that we know they're aware of it and trying to fix it.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to update:  I sent microsoft an email yesterday explaining the problem.  24 hours later, despite the promise of their policy, I have not received a response.  I almost don't expect to.  If this continues another day or so, the next chance I get I'm going to try and live chat with someone or find a phone support service.  Do they even have such a thing?  I really hate to do it, because it means gutting nearly my entire music library, but I'm not going to continue paying for a service that's more than a decade behind the rest in terms of speed.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did the live chat a few days ago.  After an hour of getting no where with reloading software and all the normal things they would have me do, the guy said that this issue has come up multiple times in the past few weeks and even though an official statement admitting there is a problem will likely not be released, the slow loading is most likely caused directly by the upgrades they are doing and the process of changing everything over to xbox music.  A few more weeks of changes and all this should be fixed by around Jan 1st.  It has gotten better for me since the first time this problem showed up 2-3 weeks ago but it is still pretty slow though not as bad.  I'm just gonna tough it out till Jan and see what happens.

Sorry this didn't help.