Zune Error Code: C00D11CD (80004005)

Whenever I run the program, I receive this error code instantly on start up, and then the program closes after I click ok on the error box. It just started to appear after I ran Windows Update. The first thing I did was restart my computer, and see if the problem would go away, and it didn't. Therefore, I did a clean uninstall and then reinstalled the software. The problem continued to pop back up. Therefore, I went and did a system restore to a point before the windows update. It still didn't work. I  I then went and did the recommendations here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/zune/forum/zune_install-player/error-code-c00d11cd-80004005-zune-software/6305e595-ce05-4158-b5f4-6d4f4c9f316c

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/zune/software/remove-and-reinstall-zune

Neither solution worked. I more or less at my wits end now trying to figure out how to get the software to work again. Google seems to fail me in my attempts to find a solution, and so I'm hoping someone here might now of a solution.

Also, I guess some relevant system information. I'm running a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit computer.

Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 85 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi mechbeast01,

Sorry to hear you are seeing this issue. Let's see if performing a clean start up can help determine if any background programs are causing this issue. Let us know if that is able to help at all and post back the results. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I meant to respond to Mister Rush, but my tablet ended up selecting the verify answer. Unfortunately, it didn't end up working, and the same error code popped up. I'm almost tempted to try a clean install of either Win 7 or upgrading to Win 8 and doing a clean install of that over the weekend will solve the problem. Overall, I just want to be able to listen to my 3000+ songs from my Zune Pass on my computer. If you guys would like me to I can create a dump file at the time of the error message, since the program doesn't close until I exit out of it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi mechbeast01,

Sorry to hear the issue is still persistent. If you are willing to try that clean install of the OS when you have time I would love to hear if that was able to resolve the issue for you. And yeah, a screen shot of that error message would be great if you can provide that at your next convenience. Thanks for your patience on this one.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll probably end up doing a clean install sometime over the weekend, and I'll update the post letting you know of the results. Also, I've uploaded a screenshot of the error message .

Sorry this didn't help.

i can't get any software update on my phone Lumia 800 << always have ERROR C00D11CD >> and have problem in Marketplace can't see games to download , anyone can help me

Sorry this didn't help.

When I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro 64-bit I did a clean install, and it has seemed to fix the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

how you fix the problem ? i make restor to my phone  lumia 800

Sorry this didn't help.

how you fix the problem ? i make reset to my phone  lumia 800

Sorry this didn't help.

TENGO PROBLEMAS CON UN ERROR C00D11CD, QUE HAGO, COMO O SOLUCIONO

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chiguino. Sorry to hear your running into this error. Below I have pasted a little snippet from one of our support articles on this error code.

There are several reasons why you may receive this error message. Here’s a list of possible solutions to try.

• Make sure that you’re playing content from the device that has your account settings, and not from a different computer.
  • Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet, and that you signed in to your app(s).
  • Make sure that the Xbox LIVE service is up and running. Go to Xbox Support, and look for a status report at the top of the page.
  • If you have reoccurring sign-in problems, make sure that the location of your computer matches the country/region of your account, and then restart your app. To learn more, see: You're signing in with an account that's different from your Windows region.
  • If you recently put your computer or device in a suspended or hibernation mode, try closing and then reopening your app.
  • Check for updated versions of the app(s) you’re using. To do this, open the app from the Start screen, and then look for an update notice in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  • If this error occurred while buying, downloading, or playing content:
    1. Close and then reopen the app.
    2. Make sure that you have network connectivity, or an Internet connection.
    3. If you’re roaming, you may be unable to access your content. Content availability varies by region. 

Let us know if you have any more troubles. Thanks. 

Sorry this didn't help.