YY Still Unfixed?

Hey all,

I've noticed that the game still does not provide a benefit when using the YY button combination (weapon refreshing) when wanting to do finesse moves such as halting a reload. It's a technique widely used in the FPS genre and was even present in all of the preceding Call of Duty games. Does anyone know if this has been intentionally removed as it appears? I know Treyarch introduced a similar canceling of the same technique in Black Ops accidentally when addressing a related bug, but they were quick to fix their game.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In regards to your SoH comment. The bullets will actually be slightly slower going into the gun then the animation will show. I tried doing this with the L86 since it has one of the most easily reload-cancels in the game. I tried doing the same thing at the exact same time and noticed that the bullets didn't refill when they should have. Tried it again and it was off by a fraction is a second, but enough for me to notice. To me, reload-cancel is when you want to have quick reloads but don't want to use the perk, where the perk helps with more the LMGs and grenade/rocket launchers than anything else. Most likely this won't go away until someone actually cares what the players say, but until then, adapt or die.

So, to my understanding you can't do it; is that right? Because if it is... Good.

Maybe so, but I still hold on to my opinion with fervor.

Yup, YY is out. Ill also note the "sprint" to reload sometimes works and sometimes doesnt for me, not sure why? Umm , anyways, I dont think you have missed a beat without the YY, Jag. 50-60 gun kills a game without KSRs isnt too bad, LOL.

YY may sacrifice aim temporarily, but it's a fraction of a second compared to the 1 or 2 seconds required for a regular reload, which makes it beneficial overall with no real penalties or counters associated with it. I assume "picking up a weapon" works the same way; you pick up a weapon & cancel the animation in favor of a faster 1. Am I right? That's simply another reason not to allow YY....

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

... BXR, which I could never do ...

[/quote]There you go.  You are against YY and other similar moves because you can't do them.  So, by that logic, you should be against people using certain guns because you can't use them well.  By that logic, I should be against having jets in BF3 because I'm an awful jet pilot.

-

No, that's not how it works.  Just because you personally can't do something doesn't make it unfair.  I don't inherently have an advantage because I can do YY.  I have an advantage because I'm good enough to use the YY trick.  Just like I'd have an advantage because I have better gunskill.

-

Developers obviously do support YY (until MW3), since, as Jagriff mentioned, they've taken steps to make sure it is in the game (see his comment on them adding it back into Black Ops after a patch accidentally eliminated it).

-

We aren't taking advantage of an exploit, we are executing a move that not only is easy for people to do, but also is common knowledge to any remotely competitive gamer who's been playing shooters for longer than a few months.  I completely know the definition of fun and fair play.  I'm the person who will spend ten minutes and twenty lives just hunting out boosters or people who have glitched in some way.  I play within the confines of the game and then some--I don't use cheap tactics like portable radars and I rarely even use KSRs.  I know what is fair and what isn't fair, and the YY glitch is definitely not unfair, nor an exploit.  Stop basing your argument off of that, it's getting you nowhere.

The timing's the same for both methods, I know, because they're both done while reloading (obviously). It's just that there's a risk associated with sprinting, which is why I'm okay with it over YY. Do you risk sprinting to "potentially" get a reload &/or expose yourself?

Who really cares? The majority most people die is because they are reloading, so why not keep it in. It's not that big of a deal when considering the other MAJOR flaws this game has. Besides, on most guns, the switch time without SoH pro is so slow it's hardly worth doing anyway.

Also, I apologize for making a personal statement such as that.  I was not intending to call out a person individually, merely their argument, as being self-righteous (the edit was simply meant to provide further evidence).  I'm sure Galactic Geek is a perfectly good guy.  But I also don't appreciate being called a cheater simply because I am for a move in a video game that was well-known and widely-used for many years but was recently taken out.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

Again, as evidenced with BXR in Halo 2. It doesn't matter if it's fair or a matter of skill. If it's there & gives an advantage people will use it. The problem is that there's nothing to counter YY or quickscoping...

[/quote]There is something to counter, though.  Do it yourself.  If you are good, you'll be able to do it effectively which will counter other players' doing it.  If you're not, well, the other player has a proper advantage then.