Youtube app freezing my xbox

Any specific reason for this?? Has almost become a everytime thing, usually a half hour - hour into watching videos it will either freeze the entire xbox, or the screen will go black while continuing to play the video (so all i get is audio) VERY frustrating..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

When you say it freezes your entire xbox it means you can go back to dashboard? Or do you have to shut it down manually

it freezes my xbox too and then i have to restart my xbox

I keep the xbox off for some hours and it works fine. When I start using it on the regular, it freezes anywhere between a couple of minutes to about 30 minutes. I thought the update that they just release would have fixed this, but it hasn't. If anything, its worst.

I am also experiencing a lot of freezing while using this app, it happens every single time I decide to stop watching a video and go back to the main youtube menu. Basically just by pressing 'B' the screen just goes black and the whole system becomes unresponsive until I manually power it off.

I'm having the same freezing/crashing problem when watching youtube now. Seemed to start after the latest update. I can't hit the B button to back out of a video without it crashing my 360.

My problem has resolved itself now, I was torrenting some stuff (some 100% out of copyright, public domain stuff btw) when it was happening and it stopped doing it when I shut down the torrents. Could be a connection issue.

im almost glad im not the only one...however, this is a major snafu. do i have to watch videos entirely now? or even pause a video THEN back out? c'mon guys, this is paid for service, and we shouldn't have to go through this. next time, you really shouldn't rush updates without thourough double checks. it's kinda unprofessional.

Same thing is happening to me. It freezes my entire xbox.

It only happens to me after starting a search, maybe after 5 minutes or so.

Same here. I'll play a video and when the video ends the damn Xbox freezes, have to do a full restart! This started happening after the latest system "update". I'm so glad I'm paying for this service. Quality!