Youtube app for 360 keeps having "Unknown error"

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. No luck. Internet works fine on all my devices (incluing my 360), and YouTube is fine on other devices. It simply stopped working on 360. It won't even give me options on the guide so I can try signing out of my account. Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

Hello ToweringInfern0!

When you delete the app, be sure to also delete it's title update from your storage device. After both are deleted, clear the cache on the console with the steps on this page, then restart console.

After you delete, clear cache, and restart please re-download the app and try using it again. Let us know of those steps help you regain access to the app. Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Didn't do the trick. I deleted every file related to youtube(again), ceared the cache, and restarted the console. All other apps still work fine. My Xbox has simply started boycotting youtube.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm. Do you possibly have a different profile on your console you can start the app with to see if there's any change? Just want to help narrow this down as much as possible. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Related: For the past couple of days the guide hasn't been working for me. I've already tried deleting everything YouTube related to no avail. I'd try clearing the cache, but having to redownload heaps of updates and considering clearing the cache rarely ever works, I'm not going to.

Searching and pairing functions still work.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not just the guide. There are no videos available at all, even when you run a search (which does work, BTW, but then says "no videos are available" no matter what you search). Unfortunately my profile is the only one that I can use for Youtube.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem, when I try to access the app however I cant even get to youtube at all. I get a screen that says " sorry youtube isn't available right now, please try again later " they gave a link to report the problem to youtube it self but the link doesn't work. and I don't use my 360 at all really, only for Netflix and youtube, so I don't see what or how something would have got changed. I cleared the cache and even re downloaded the app to no avail, I'm thinking this may be a external problem with youtube it self but it seems like a few select people are only having the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Having the same problem. I tried making a new profile, and that seems to do the trick. Not really a "fix" .. but more of a troubleshooting step. Any ideas for this ??

Sorry this didn't help.

Heya EvilerShark26.

So that we can best help please create a new thread detailing your issue, as this particular thread is from last year :) Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.