Youtube and Live TV on Xbox

With these new features coming in the upcoming update sometime this fall, does anyone know if there are going to be additional costs for these features? or is it all included in a Gold membership?

Im going to take a wild guess that youtube will likely be a gold member feature but the live Tv just sounds a little too good to be true for no additional costs. Which is why Im thinking theres going to be an additional monthly fee or something tied on. Or else who would pay for cable lol.

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLa8XDaDS_E&feature=related]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Things like this are the reason they already raised the price of gold from $50 to $60 for an annual membership. I don't know what this live TV is. But if it's something you need to have a membership for, then you will likely need to have your own account that you pay for separately. You will simply be able to access it from your xbox

I love it when they use useless free apps to justify a price increase.

I think with the tv stuff, you will just be able to use the 360 like a cable box.  You will still have to have cable, but you'll need one less box.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Things like this are the reason they already raised the price of gold from $50 to $60 for an annual membership. I don't know what this live TV is. But if it's something you need to have a membership for, then you will likely need to have your own account that you pay for separately. You will simply be able to access it from your xbox

[/quote]

Yea, thats what I was thinking because in that video they showed them doing the live TV demo and they were actually using DVR right from the xbox, and were talking about have free access to local channels and stuff but how would that even work O.o

At last, Youtube on Xbox, the only thing now is if Steam will ever make it to Xbox Live...

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

I love it when they use useless free apps to justify a price increase.

[/quote]This...^...  I already have a HD dish receiver, so any TV app that's added is wasted on me.  I just use my 360 for games...not movies, radio or surely not TV.

I will use the TV app if it will work like a substitute for a cable box.  I get to save $15 to $20 on box rental.  Im in.

Yeah I also thimk there will be additional costs involved.

But on the dashboard, why have they cut bits off both end? They could have at least had it full screen, for say the music tab, instead of having a bit cut off on the left.