Your views on whether or not to go hollow

I think the summoning coop feature of this game is awesome.  However, I think that the invading part sucks.  I usually get wasted by the invaders.  They are usually way tougher than I am and getting killed and sent back by them really sucks.  I think I killed 2 and died prob 25 times.  So now I mostly just go hollow so I don't get invaded, fighitng bosses solo.  And when I do go human, rarely do I find summon signs for help anyway.  Just beat the 4 kings and nito yesterday and no summon signs anywhere, but I was getting invaded a lot.

Maybe there are no summon signs because I am playing this game over a year after it came out.  Makes sense I guess.

Example, someone invades me, I get ready as I can (my guy is ready for PvE not PvP), guy invades usually one hits me stunned then another quick hit for death with some giant weapon even though I have shield up.  Or other scenario, I go to hit him then with lag all of sudden I am backstabbed wehn I am still on side of him.

So when beating the 4 kings, I guess I missed that witch summon because I went hollow and now I can't get her catalyst?  That blows.

I think they should make it where you cannot get invaded unless you actually have a summoned partner to help you. 

Also what could possibly be the reason when you summon someone and then they just leave right away?  Do they think I suck just by looking at my armor or something?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Some people are trying to get summoned by their friends to help them out. This usually leads them to quitting when being summoned by someone else.

[quote user="J MINI"]Also what could possibly be the reason when you summon someone and then they just leave right away? [/quote]Trying to play with their friends.

Just turn human before you go to the boss fight. That way you don't get invaded. Problem solved.

"I think they should make it where you cannot get invaded unless you actually have a summoned partner to help you. "

Lolno. I dislike those who gripe about the multiplayer feature when it doesn't work their way. Getting invaded is part of the game, and adds to the difficulty. When you have multiple summons, unless the invader is above-average skill level, you should be able to fend him off and head to the boss gate. Assuming your summon isn't retarded.

The only place I find active summons are bell gargoyles and upper burg. Everywhere else is dead in terms of PVE summons.

Kudos to killing 4Kings solo. They're one of my most troublesome bosses when I do a playthrough.

I see a lot of summons. Perhaps its because I'm almost always in the Way of White, Warriors of Sunlight, or Princess Guard. Praise the Sun (and Gwyn's Boobies)!

Isaac is right in that you'll see more summon signs if you belong to those covenants.

I would also say that you are more likely to find summon signs if you make sure to keep within certain leveling bounds.  If you over-level for an area, you probably won't find many signs or any at all.  The same is true for under-leveling.

Lastly, you can always drop a msg here and ask for help if you'd like it.  Make sure you include your level though so that people know whether they can help you out or not.

the only time I go human is to kindle fires, and when I do sure enough I get invaded within 5 min everytime. So far I've solo'ed everything but the executioner and dragon slayer guys. Came close a couple of times but just said heck with it and summoned an npc phantom. I realize it's part of the game, but I don't think their intentions were for people to play like I do. I never have humanity stacked (used), and I always try and spend my souls. You die so frequently it just doesn't make sense to have anything built up, for fear of losing it all.

I stay human through 90% of the game, but there are some parts where I will either go hollow or play offline just to not be invaded by numerous people with a character that is not ready for duels (Forest , Depths)

I think it must be the time of day to find the bulk of the summoning's,,i played alot today and saw a but ton of them all over the place

I've been playing this on both systems lately, and I'm finding a LOT more new players and summoning signs on the Xbox.  PS3 is a ghost town at low levels right now.

Man, I remember how brutal it was to play in hollow form in Demon's Souls....you were at half health, unless you wore a special ring which gave you 3/4 health (but you lost a ring slot).  Because of this, playing in human form was much easier, but opened you up to the threat of invasion.  In many ways I think this system worked to encourage more coop (since defeating a boss revived you to human).  When in Human form, there were always loads of people to join you, since they were all looking to revive.

SirIsaac:

"Just turn human before you go to the boss fight. That way you don't get invaded. Problem solved."

So for example, when I just fought seath and cut his tail off by myself, took forever, I have to run from the library all the way through the crystal caves, right?  You need a bonfire to go human, unless I missed something.