Your thoughts

What are some of your thoughts on Madden 12 ? I read some of the others that have posted on here. I have been a fan of Madden since 06 but I stopped buying the game a couple of years ago do too the same feeling no matter what they changed. I told my self that I'd buy a new sports game every 2 years and it's that time but I can wait if it's lame. I never play online mode at all. Mainly dynasty/single player. So.... is this worth buying if you only play dynasty or not ?? I suck at mp. I never went in with a game plan in mind I just picked plays and that was it lol.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

depending on the last version of madden you have you can probably just keep playing that if you don't care too much about roster updates.  I like the game, but don't love it.  If i wasn't in a big dynasty with other people I'd have skipped this.  

I havent bought madden since 08, but so for me its a good buy since its a little new to me. I hear from others who buy the new installment most years arent as happy though.

Last year I bought was 10 and I guess its an upgrade over it, although a few long times Madden annoyances are still there. Ratings mean nothing as the "great" QBs do no better than the scrubs. Was playing with the Eagles and Jackson (and his 99 speed) couldnt outrun LBs..

I like it !!

The last Madden I purchased was Madden 09 and I can say it's a huge improvement over that. I can't see buying every year just for a roster update but EA has added several new features over that last few years to justify the purchase this year. I like the added Ref's on the field and the camera work and the fact that it feels more like an NFL game broadcast and not a practice game, alot like 09 felt. I still don't feel the level of play is even close to NFL2k series and I still personally liked MS Sports version they had with Peyton Manning. I do hope someday NFL goes back to multiple game makers so that we have a choice in what to play. My only question is why can't EA just offer a $20 upgrade offer vs' this purchase the whole game over again for minor changes?

Well i'm probably older than most madden players and have been playing football games ever since intelevision for those of you that remember that. I'm liking the game more than not but there still are a few bugs. I played one game where every extra point and fieldgoal was blocked. The deep ball is rediculous this year. I've seen recievers jump up in triple coverage and catch the ball. cmon ea, even developers should know enough about football not to have these types of bugs in the games? I like the running game but have noticed on simple ISO plays the defenders run away from the backs?  Other than my sorry @@@ cable company getting me losses due to them not fixing my signal problems it's a ok game. Just my thoughts.

There are two MAJOR problems I have with this game so far. The first one is: because they revamped and fixed the defensive intelligence, it makes the offensive intelligence look really stupid. In terms of offensive intelligence, they only fixed the problem where receivers wouldn't keep their feet in when they catch the ball. However when you get into open field,  defensive players will go for the ball much more aggressively than the receivers they are covering. They just continue to mindlessly follow their route and then go into the animation to catch it normally not even taking into account the defender that is running alongside them or towards the ball. Then the defender blocks them off and intercepts it. This results in A LOT of interceptions. In real life, this doesn't happen. Players fight for the pass.

My 2nd problem is this stupid new rule where the ball is kicked from the 35. If you are playing against a team with a powerful kicker (Crosby, Akers, Cundiff etc etc), you won't be returning any kicks. It sucks!

the new franchise mode is unplayable you cant draft well scouting is a farce its the worst off line franchise yet

Does it rain EVERY single game for anyone else in franchise ? I have yet to play a single game  where it has not, even restarting the game multiple times. Theres also some horrible commentary miscues. Like playing the Titans, the commentators called them the New York Titans. The Browns number one pick Phil Taylor, they call him Brian or Ryan Taylor. That is all I've  noticed so far.

After playing a few quick games lastnight, I must say that I love it. Way better than last year's version in my opinion. You can actually run the football too.

Anyhoo...I recommend the game for sure. Great stuff.