Your Skyrim Playthrough Could Be Eternal.

Now with my apologies on what I said on my previous thread "Prediction: Skyrim Will Be Short" because on the main story playthrough is just 2 hours and 15 minutes for a pro but I may now forget on what I said before.

You probably already knew that you were going to sink a significant portion of your life into Skyrim, but did you know that the game is capable of delivering an infinite number of quests?

Skyrim director Todd Howard recently told Wired that Skyrim features a never-ending stream of procedurally generated content. “The world is probably the one thing that sets [Skyrim] apart from other games,” he said. “It feels really real for what it is…It’s just fun to explore.”

As Wired explained the feature, Skyrim will randomly generate new tasks for players based on their progress through the game. For example, an innkeeper might have you hunt for bandits in an unexplored cave while an aspiring alchemist asks you to collect plant matter. Likewise, all of the game’s Guilds will feature radiant quests – having you steal gems or assassinate random individuals – after you complete their scripted quest lines.

Now make sure that your fridge is stocked because you may be playing this for the rest of your life or forever and ever..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As long as the task aren't lame and repetitive, I'm game.

Is it kinda like RDR's random encounters?  But better of hopefully

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

Is it kinda like RDR's random encounters?  But better of hopefully

[/quote]No. In Red Dead Redemption, you simply came across people who needed rescuing. You would then kill whoever was threatening them right then and there. They would say thank you and that would be that. Occasionally you would have to take someone back to town, or walk around an area picking flowers, but that's about it. This radiant quest system is actually NPC's giving you a task which you need to venture out in to the world to complete. If you have yet to explore a certain cave or other area of the game, it recognizes that and sends you there.

I'll stick to the main story and more structured side missions, thanks.

Yes, the RDR random encounters got a bit tiresome after a while .  If this is anything like you describe it should b an excellent addition.

I'm just wondering what happens when you eventually discover every cave and every piece of the map.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this addition and it should be more than enough to keep people occupied for an incredible amount of time, but I'm just wondering if calling it eternal is a bit optimistic.   I'm sure they must know the amount of time some people put into one game.

Either way, I'm not sure I'll ever get everything done so it should be more than enough for the likes of me.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]I'm just wondering what happens when you eventually discover every cave and every piece of the map. 
[/quote]Then you go back to places you've already been. If Bioware can pull it off with 3 caves in Dragon Age 2, I'm sure it won't be a problem for the 150 caves in this game.

I thought it might have to repeat eventually.    No worries though.  It's  a big enough game for plenty of variety.

[quote user="FrozenBrute"]

[/quote]

My god. That made me laugh hysterically. 

[quote user="Manhandler"]

[quote user="FrozenBrute"]

[/quote]

My god. That made me laugh hysterically. 

[/quote]

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360