Your opinions on Campaign

I been a big fan of Bad Company, I know the MP has its issues but I really enjoyed the SP in both Bad Companys. Now I know this is a different game but there are some really anoying problems. First of all, it seems as though they have ripped off other games that have done the scenarios much better. CoD, Rainbow Six and Medal of Honour to name a few. Even some of the maps and areas seem to be taken streight from R6V. One of my major gripes though is that I always seem to be faster than the game. I seem to advance past the set peices and miss them entirely as my squad mates try to keep up with me they kill all the enemys to catch up. I got it on the hardest setting and I am running through it with little resistance. Yeah I get killed but its usually by a guy 300 yards away with an AK on auto who can put every round through anything I hide behind. I not played much MP yet but I have enjoyed what I have. Its EA I expect LAG and stuff there. I am very disapointed with SP, I was expecting a new Bad Company style SP campaign but I got a paint by numbers, rinse and repeat bargain basket shooter. Please FANBOYS remember I am talking about SP. Let me hear what ya'll think about SP and any funny stories.

I shot a guy on one mission and he shot up about 100 feet in the air, no explosions or anything.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm still on my first playthrough - just about to take on Operation Guillotine. So far I find it beautiful but boring.

Yeah, there's just something missing.  I can't pinpoint it, it's lacking something tho.  Or it seems like it is because it's the same as all the other shooters you mentioned.  Maybe because it's the same I'm not feeling like it's a new experience. Idk, hard to explain.

cheekyone82 - you wont after operation guillotine. Beautiful yes but boring no. Then later there will be a few more boring spots and then some insain spots lol ;)

im enjoying it :) i would what HARD will be like :)

I enjoyed it, one of the best singleplayers i have ever played. Storylines meh but gameplay is intense and fun.

Yeah, I felt it was a bit rip-off ish. also way too short. That is not to say I didn't enjoy it, I just felt it ended prematurely. I also felt it was a bit too easy and could have done with a MOH style tier 1 mode

too linear too many button press set  pieces. Load of rubbish ;0)........multiplayer out of this world! :)

anyone else thing the multiplayer looked grainy?

single player is ok i suppose but there are some glitches like the beginning where you stand round a pallet with a map on it if you walk back where you came from there are two soldiers and a guy in a white top one of the soldiers you can walk straight through and see his eyes and teeth the other you can't ? also if you lob a grenade at the pallet with the map on the pallet gets destroyed but the map is still there floating ????

anyway i find the ai to be a bit harsh tbh especially on hard !

Campaign?  I was bored.  Honestly.  I tried to think of another game where I was just as bored during the campaign, and I came up blank.  A few of the folks on my FL felt the same way.  Since I was the first of my friends to finish the campaign, I did receive messages from them asking "I am at so-and-so part where I have to do <enter name of task>, how much time do I have left in this campaign?"

I did enjoy Bad Company campaigns, though they were short.  I think the monotony was broken up by the companions, which was welcomed.  I didn't have that in this campaign.  Don't get me wrong, I agree with others that it's a beautiful campaign, but so boring.

Then again, the Battlefield series (for me at least) was never about the campaign, but the excellent multiplayer (when the servers are not melting).  

As for funny stories?  I can think of two.  After a firefight (no idea where in the campaign I was), all the enemies were dead, but one of my companions kept firing at a desk.  I was pretty sure there was no one left alive so I advance forward and looked around the desk, and sure enough, there was no one there.  But he kept firing at the desk and wouldn't advance forward.  I walked forward a bit but he wouldn't follow, just kept shooting at the desk.  I assumed the AI still thought there was an enemy there, so I tossed a grenade at the desk, it blew up, and then my companion moved forward.  Weird.

The other one was a Warthog/Cliff moment.  Y'know how in Halo, sometimes you will checkpoint as your warthog is spinning out of control over a cliff?  Yeah, like that.  Spawn and die, spawn and die, spawn and die.  That happened to me in the campaign, and after a few minutes of spawn and dying, I went for a snack.  In my absence, it resolved itself.  Needless to say, I was not amused at the time, but I can laugh about it now. 

So ... yeah.  Beautiful campaign, but boring.

Multiplayer is better, but the campaign is pretty good and polished in my opinion. Worth a playthrough for the achievements. Nowhere near as bad as some have made it out to be.