Your opinion on Vanquish....

I'm thinking of getting this game....it looks kinda cool.

So I was wondering if anyone could sorta explain the gameplay and whether or not it is worth getting.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I thought the demo (which should still be available) was fun; mech games have been a neglected videogame category in the last few years.

I hear it is pretty short, though...

Although the campaign is short (especially on the lower difficulty levels) and the story is mostly senseless, the game plays like an absolute dream.  Controls are ultra precise and the mechanics are just plain fun.  If you want to test your skills there is a mission mode that is unlocked as you play through the game.  Just a word of warning, the missions in that separate mode are damn tough. 

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

I thought the demo (which should still be available) was fun; mech games have been a neglected videogame category in the last few years.

[/quote] Last time I checked this game is a TPS, not a mech game.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

[/quote] Last time I checked this game is a TPS, not a mech game.

[/quote]

...well...yes...technically.

It played more like a mech-type game to me than a typical tps (like Gears).

I think I just miss mech games lol...

I know what you mean. I would love a nice new mech game.

Vanquish is short and they story is second rate but its SO MUCH FUN and challenging. Its a wonderful game I'd recommend to anyone.

I was thinking about getting it too. I'll be done with my import playthrough of Mass Effect 2 soon and it looks pretty awesome. Can't decide between Games on Demand version or Disc its $22 on Amazon but $20 on live.

Great rental and at $20 I think it's worth that much. Story is the regular super crazy japanese that is bonkers, but makes for interesting mechanics and enemies. Campaign isn't all that long, but the difficulty and learning curve make a second play through fun.

-

There should be a demo on the marketplace.

Definitely a fun game. I'm having a goodtime with it. I think i got it for 10 bucks used at blockbuster and didnt play it until recently. I love the gameplay , its pretty cool sliding around with that suit. It would e cooler if you could upgrade the suit but ah well

This is one of my personal fav 360 games. Boosting to cover, jump flipping in the air to freeze time, followed up with a slow mo punch to the face never got old.