Your Opinion on the CoD Community/Playerbase

I just would like your honest opinion about the Call of Duty community and playerbase.  What are your thoughts and feelings about them, or should I say US.  Let's remember that we also represent this community as well.  Let's keep it clean, people.

-

Some questions that I pose to you:

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you rate the community?  Explain, if you can.
  2. Do you believe the community/playerbase has improved or worsened over the years?
  3. Disregarding the obvious hackers, cheaters, and trolls; what do you think is hurting the CoD community?  Is there anything helping it?
  4. If the community improves, would the Dev. support improve as well or is it the other way around?
  5. What do you enjoy about the community?
-
For me, I believe the CoD community can be rated around 7.5.  Decent, fair, passable.  It isn't all-out terrible and it isn't very good either.  I started playing the CoD series with Modern Warfare 2.  I was excited to jump in the FPS genre of gaming and I felt that MW2 would be a great start.  At first, I found the playerbase to be strong; I could always find a match.  But the community was rather tough to get use too.  The majority of forums were at war with Bad Company games and players came off as nasty and unapproachable.  However, there were some gems in the MW2 community like the pick-up games.  I find the main thing that is hurting the CoD is the amount of complaining.  Every CoD game that comes out, there is a truckload of negative feedback.  I'm not saying we don't have a right to complain, but it seems that they are the most verbal in this community.  I'm sure there are lots of us that enjoy the game and wish to be heard.  That's all for now, let's hear what you have to say.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="WolvesThirteen"] Some questions that I pose to you:

2. Do you believe the community/playerbase has improved or worsened over the years?
  3. Disregarding the obvious hackers, cheaters, and trolls; what do you think is hurting the CoD community?  Is there anything helping it?
  4. If the community improves, would the Dev. support improve as well or is it the other way around?
  5. What do you enjoy about the community? [/quote]
1. 2/10. The good are nonexistent and with any online community comes the anonymous personalities that just want to stir the pot because they can't do it in their real lives.

2. It has worsened just like the generation and will continue to worsen

3. The developers lack of support after the launch and the inability to fix things that need to be addressed.

4. The other way around to a degree. If Dev. suppport improved it may help the community for the ones that cared, but a majority are internet outlaws that don't care.

5. Nothing. Same old microphone murderers and keyboard warriors.
7.5/10?
You're very optimistic. I'd give it a 4/10 at the most because there are some decent people on youtube that know what they're talking about, while the rest just post 1337 QuIkScOpEzZz montages or troll the other trolls.

7.5/10?

You're very optimistic. I'd give it a 4/10 at the most because there are some decent people on youtube that know what they're talking about, while the rest just post 1337 QuIkScOpEzZz montages or troll the other trolls.

Way to go and break the thread, Mafivee!

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you rate the community?  Explain, if you can.

5/10.  The community is garbage, but compared to Dark Souls, Minecraft, or DayZ, it isn't bad.

Do you believe the community/playerbase has improved or worsened over the years?

Worsened. Like most games, Call of Duty is a victim of its own success. As it gained in popularity, it attracted more undesirables.

Disregarding the obvious hackers, cheaters, and trolls; what do you think is hurting the CoD community?  Is there anything helping it?

Lack of effort and ingenuity from developers. Its popularity.

If the community improves, would the Dev. support improve as well or is it the other way around?

The Community and Dev team are both beyond redemption. Neither will improve.

What do you enjoy about the community?

Some of the adults that play this game are pretty laid back people.

1. 6/10 - For the most part people play with in reason.  The exploiters (danger close and other OP) and campers seem worse than they really are.  All it takes is 2-3 deaths from some one who is camping or using something that is clearly OP and it seems like the whole match was full of it.  The main problem is a few trolls/angry gamers make alot of people hesitant to use their mics.  
  2. It has slightly worsened.
  3. The three things you named has summed up 80-90% of the problems.   The other 20% is perspective.  I think the biggest problem is the masses listening to a few loud complainers/trolls.  i.e. believing their lag is related to the game (not taking into account their internet provider, lag input, response time, ect.)  Many people experience lag and automatically think the game is broken, when in reality it has nothing to do with the game.  Another example would be people getting killed by a camper a few times and then assuming the whole community is campers and the game is broken.  
  4. I'm not sure how the community would affect support.
  5. I enjoy how large and diverse the community is.  It's nice having hundreds of thousands of people online....You can jump into several different game modes and find multiple matches at any time.  This is part of what makes call of duty so popular...Being so popular makes it more popular.

@Dukes

-

Well, I figure that if the community was, let's say, "well behaved" the Devs. would be more ready to help.

Glad to be of service, Isaac ; )

3. The CoD community is terrible as has been stated. With the largest community overall, you'll attract a bunch of undesirables in this game.

Definitely worsened.

All the stupid gimmicky stuff. I don't think anything is really helping it. Obvious Mitchell comment here, CoD is CoD. You know what to expect everytime.

Maybe. I doubt the community will improve doe.

5. What do you enjoy about the community?

The noobs. Noooooooooobs! Brace yourselves everyone. Christmas noobs are coming!