Your favorite race and why?

My favorite race in The Elder Scrolls series is the Argonians because I don't want to play as a Human or some Human-like Elf.  The Khajiit are cool though.  The thing that intrigues me the most about the Argonians besides looking cool, is their lore.  Not much is known about the Argonian people, their homeland of Black Marsh, or their connection to the ancient trees known as the Hist.  Also, Argonians can breathe underwater!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I normally play as a Breton because of their superior Magic skills, but I also really like the woodsman feel of the Wood Elves.

I love how well the beast races have been remodeled, they look utterly fantastic.  Personall, my favourites are the Nords, seeing as they're one of the oldest races in Tamriel

Morrowind: my first character was a Nord and second a Dark Elf.

Oblivion: first character was a Nord. That was my only character really. I messed with other races but Oblivion didn't pull me in like Morrowind did.

I sorta lean towards Nord mostly because they are more standard warrior type race.

I might give Dark Elf another they usually have good ancestral powers.

Hard to say, I'm stuck between Orcs and Bretons being my favorite. Orcs because I like how bad they are treated and I get to throw it in their faces when I save everyone, and I like how they look and power. Breton for their race benefit and are the easiest to play a Warmage with, for me. But Dark Elvies are a very easily place 3rd favorite

I love the Beast Races now! They always looks so dumb before, but now their design shows more personality. The Kajiit look really proud, so I will probably make one down the line. Maybe make him/her a Robin Hood type....

I really like Argonians alot, but not being able to wear Helms or Boots (in previous games) was a big turnoff for me. Also, not sure about Skyrim, but in previous games Argoinians didn't naturally breath in water. Instead they had a skill that you could use to let them temporarily breath underwater. That was a practically useless attribute since potions, spells and enchantments enabled all other classes to do the same thing.

In Morrowind I was a Dark Elf most times, in Oblivion I went Imperial.

My least favorite class is Orc. I have no use for them.

Argonians could do all of those things in Oblivion.

They wore Helms, Boots and breathed under water without the use of spells, potions or enchantments? I'm not disputing it, I only played an Argonian in Oblivion once and it's been several years now so perhaps my memory is fuzzy. I know in Morrowind that none of those things were possible.

Oblivion Argonians had permanent water breathing. In Morrowind they had a racial ability that let them breathe underwater for 2 minutes, so they could drown like anyone else.

I usually played as a Breton since I used magic heavily; I also played as a Nord and as a Wood Elf but I preferred the Breton overall.