Your disk is unreadable!!

I've been having issues now for about a month with all my games saying they are unreadable. Sometimes it is when I load the game and sometimes it is when I am mid game. It is def not the disks caus I have almost 100 xbox360 games and all of them are doing the same thing. I see a lot of other people are having the same issue and honestly believe this is due to software and not hardware. Has anybody resolved this problem at all?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

try the steps in this link

forums.xbox.com/.../624.aspx

how old is your Xbox,to me it sounds like the laser/disk reader,if it was a software issue some games wouldn't be affected,as its all of them,i'd say a repair is needed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's definitely a problem with your disc reader. You can try and clean it with a cleaning disc, but most likely it's already to the point of being on its way out. You either need to A) If you're on warranty still send it back or B) You probably need to plan on getting a new one soon. That happened to me and that was the only fix for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys. Yeah bought in 09 so no warranty. Just disappointed. I've had lots of others previous gen consoles and they are still workin to date. Guess they don't make them like they used to.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok explain this. I take my hard drive out of my xbox which means it is not updated.. AND ALL MY GAMES WORK FINE. Conspiracy at microsoft. So I'm paying for a subscription I'm not using because of this. Grr

Sorry this didn't help.