You wont get anymore servers

Firsty let me say i love this game. Its what i'd hoped for. Hardcore is the game mode i prefer, but i can quite easily play normal.

Now i may of been jumping the gun with my thread title, but hear me out. I may be wrong but its my 2 cents worth.

Battlefield 3 is a huge game, and very popular. But its come out at a time when theirs not much else to play, so everyone including the cod fan boys have bought this game,thus straining the servers.

Nowadays its all about money, not about keeping the fans happy. So please bear with me.

If they get more servers, this costs money. Yet in little over a week COD is released, and a huge amount of the current BF3 players will be jumping ship and going to COD, making all the extra servers EA would of provided redundant, basically wasting money.

Once COD is released, the amount of current servers would be more than enough for the BF3 players. Maybe if BF3 was released a few months ago then extra servers would be happening, but with only a week before CODS released? I cant see them wasting money.

Again, i could be very wrong with this. And i hope i am. But it just seems the logical thing to do surely? Either way i'm a mug and will still be hanging around because BF3 is a superb game, much more enjoyable for me than COD.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Remember BF 2 it too was good but after a year or so they shut down the server expect the same next year for BF 3 EA just wants the money and the hell with your game playing.

[quote user="Riven57"]

Remember BF 2 it too was good but after a year or so they shut down the server expect the same next year for BF 3 EA just wants the money and the hell with your game playing.

[/quote]

After a year or so? They only shut it down 11th August 2011. Games been going for what? Six years?

A few Battlefield games later and a dwindling population, I'm not surprised.

Do you mean bc2? because wasn't bf2 pc only?