You know what's weird?

In almost every magazine/website article, it says that Cerberus [the pro-human terrorist group you worked with in ME2] is going to try to kill Shepard, and that Jack Haper [Illusive Man] will have a prominent role, but it never says anything directly about him working with Cerberus to kill you.

This may just be me overthinking things, but Jack Harper himself may be an ally, whilist the Cerberus group as a whole may be trying to kill you. Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Pud Puddy"]This may just be me overthinking things, but Jack Harper himself may be an ally, whilist the Cerberus group as a whole may be trying to kill you. Thoughts?[/quote]You are overthinking things. TIM is Cerberus, so if he was your ally, why would his group be trying to kill you?

I have to co-sign with Schuey's comments on this. TIM was never your friend, not an ally, at best a mutually beneficial business partner. You were an asset, a weapon, a tool that he wanted to use for his own purposes and for Shepard, TIM was a source of information and necessary hardware to help with fighting a common enemy.

While I enjoyed the twist of working with Ceberus it does surprise me how everyone seems to forget that they WERE the bad guys in Mass Effect 1. From killing alliance military personal, to alien civilians, they aren't exactly the nicest bunch of peeps on the block.

To paraphrase that old saying, "the enemy of your enemy does not an ally make"

I agree....TIM is Cerberus. It's not like he can get fired.

The personnel employed by Cerberus has been effectively brainwashed into advancing their cause, I don't think free will exists in their world so turning on The Illusive Man just isn't feasible.  Even Kelly, who we all love dearly, sounds like a mindless shell when you ask her if she has any concerns about Cerberus.  The writers of ME are the best in the galaxy, and the plot suggested (The Illusive Man helping you against Cerberus), seems a little far fetched, it sure is going to be interesting to see how it all plays out...:-)

TIM man may be trying to kill me in the next game, but hes still one of the sweetetest characters ever.

TIM is one of the most badass characters in the game. However, he is still a huge manipulative jerk, Just because he is friendly to your face doesn't mean he won't stab a knife in your back. And all the funding from Cerberus comes from TIM. If Cerberus decided to overthrow him, the organization wouldn't last very long.

As long as I get to blame the destruction of an entire galaxy on Ceberus I'll be happy -> highlight for possible spoiler: (or if I say 'it was to stop the reapers' only to be told I'm a loon - only for a Reaper to blow up half the court house - I will also be happy).

I dislike the idea of having Cerberus out to kill you every time. I think a renegade shepard should have the option to leave the council and become an "ends justify the means" Cerberus operative, maybe even work against the council in an attempt to control the galaxy and have council troops attack you in contrast.

[quote user="Miss Pwny"]

I dislike the idea of having Cerberus out to kill you every time. I think a renegade shepard should have the option to leave the council and become an "ends justify the means" Cerberus operative, maybe even work against the council in an attempt to control the galaxy and have council troops attack you in contrast.

[/quote]

I agree. I personally am a big fan of the Illusive Man and would prefer it if I didn't even have to work against him at all, but it seems likely that a Paragon Shep will clash horns with him eventually

Renegade Sheps should be able to work with TIM instead of the council.

What if, in fact, The Illusive Man is working with or for The Reapers?  Your Renegade Shepard would then be going up against humanity...:-)