You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head Quest

I was looking through the strategy guide for Fallout 3 and was looking over the quest for "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head". I noticed that one of the parts of the quest you have to kill Tenpenny and bring something to Crowley or talk with Tenpenny and all the other targets and decide Crowley is bad news (which is the path I'd like to take). Well I recently completed "Tenpenny Tower" and didn't side with anyone, but chose the neutral path where I convince the residents of Tenpenny Tower to accept the Ghouls to live with them. Apparently Roy, the main Ghoul, took it upon himself to exterminate the human habitants of Tenpenny Tower so it's just him and the rest of the Ghouls. How can I complete the quest for Crowley if I can't get a hold of Tenpenny? Am I pretty much screwed and gonna have to deal with not completeing this quest?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I had that quest on my list, but then played OA and when I went back to Crowley he complained that I stole his property. I did get the 'quest completed' notice though....

Hmm, that's weird. So you didn't even have to complete the quest? Wish I was that lucky. Well maybe not. All of the quests in Fallout 3 are super fun.

" I had that quest on my list, but then played OA and when I went back to Crowley he complained that I stole his property. I did get the 'quest completed' notice though..."

Yeah , something about picking up the T-51B from OA completes the quest.

" Am I pretty much screwed and gonna have to deal with not completeing this quest? "

Maybe, but news of Tenpenny's demise shouldn't take long to travel the wasteland. I think the important thing is that he's dead, you just wont get paid caps for the job.

Yes, collecting either the T-51b armor that is part of the quest or getting the armor at the end of Operation Anchorage will result in this quest being marked as complete.  That means that you can actually complete this quest without doing any of the work by just going to do the OA quest.  I can't recall, but you may not even need to start the quest, you may be able to just go straight from the vault to the OA quest (yes, it can be completed at that low a level) and still get credit for You Gotta Shoot 'em in the Head.

[quote user="phyrian"]

Yes, collecting either the T-51b armor that is part of the quest or getting the armor at the end of Operation Anchorage will result in this quest being marked as complete.  That means that you can actually complete this quest without doing any of the work by just going to do the OA quest.  I can't recall, but you may not even need to start the quest, you may be able to just go straight from the vault to the OA quest (yes, it can be completed at that low a level) and still get credit for You Gotta Shoot 'em in the Head.

[/quote]

Did the quest yesterday, and I was wearing the Winterized T-51b when Crowley gave it to me. I did get the 'quest completed ' message after giving Crowley the 3rd key, but w/o killing Tenpenny. I hadn't even been inside Tenpenny Tower yet, and I'm at lvl 30...

A funny thing happened when I went to get Dave's key. I'd taken Fawkes with me and I was standing outside Daves office thinking about how I was going to handle it. Dave came out and sat down on the floor in the dining area. After a minute or so someone in Daves group hollered something and started shooting, and at who or what I couldn't tell, but I heard Fawkes say "there he is" as he pulled out the gatling laser and mowed down all the adults....I just stood there laughing as the message 'get Daves key' popped up.

In reference to my earlier post, yes I did OA after getting and before starting the quest. So it's just timing; like going to Rivet City & Vault 112 will clear the G.N.R quest.