You can now cancel automatic payment through Xbox.com

I've never set up an automatic payment system here but yeah, apparently since the end of October you can now stop this shenanigans through Xbox.com.

Just figured y'all would like to know this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That's good to know Crumby. I've always used pre-paid cards but at least I know if I snap a bargain renewal from the dashboard I can handle things online.

Thanks for the heads up on this.  

i have cancelled it twice now via the forum as i renew every 3 months rather than yearly,so its been available for at least 4 months and i am in the uk too.

Plus the feature to turn it off via the site was never available to people in the UK, it was always a US only feature.

-

I wonder if UK users can use it now?

Hurray, so I was right!

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

[quote user="DeaconMVP"]

it's been like for years actually .. i'm not sure why they're touting it as a new feature of xbox.com .. perhaps an "easier" implementation of it?  BUT consumers have been able to turn off auto-renewal for quite some time.

http://majornelson.com/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal/

[/quote]

Weren't people posting just a few months back that the feature had been disabled? And they hated calling support to turn it off and remove Credit cards?

[/quote]Yep. It was disabled for a long time now. The only way you could disable it was to call MS Support. 

Finally, I called them up to do it, only to be bombarded with questions as to why I should stay and what not and they never did it! Damn, what is so hard to understand about  how some people just don't want to spend money on a yearly subscription when they can't play on Live but for 4 and a half months out of a year.

The OP is correct. There for a while they had the feature disabled to where you had to call and listen to them try and sell you about 100 offers before they would finally turn it off.

It had been disabled since around the NXE update last year, they must have decided to put it back, though most people have figured out that pre-paid cards are more simple by now :P

[quote user="DeaconMVP"]

it's been like for years actually .. i'm not sure why they're touting it as a new feature of xbox.com .. perhaps an "easier" implementation of it?  BUT consumers have been able to turn off auto-renewal for quite some time.

http://majornelson.com/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal/

[/quote]

Weren't people posting just a few months back that the feature had been disabled? And they hated calling support to turn it off and remove Credit cards?

Well don't I feel silly.

But yeah, prepaid cards are the way to go.