yet another un-explained glitch

in the last 2 days ...2 games that i have played to their completion WITH OUT them stalling out/changing host ...ended up as DNFs for both teams, labeled as INCOMPLETE GAMES and the score that ends up on your stats is completely different then what the final score was when the game ended ...... WASSUP?  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This actually happens pretty frequently. I noticed it at the very beginning when the game was first released as well. Unfortunately, I do not know the cause of it. I would bring this up on the Waypoint forums.

ok .... i have almost 100 of my games played that are labeled as DNFs that are really INCOMPLETE games, ended by 343 during the game but this is the first time that the game was ended WITHOUT  the score screen popping up, as it did in the past .... but i will take it to Halo Waypoint forums and see if 343 will acknowledge it .... thnks noble

Judging by your threads you seem to have a LOT of problems with this game.  More than anyone else I know. Soooo...

I think we asked this before but you never answered. What is your internet connection download and upload speed?    http://www.speedtest.net/

If this happens frequently to multiple people in games where is no connection issues, then I doubt it has anything to do with internet connection.  More likely an issue with the messaging service to 343 servers, all multiplayer game data is sent and received to their servers.   During a match, partial statistics on the match are sent to 343's servers, at the end of the game a full copy of all the game statistics is sent.  If this final copy doesn't get through then it might explain why a game is listed as DNF and the stats are wrong.

It's not the user's connection, Camaro. I don't know why you ignore the problems H4 has and CONSTANTLY suggest it's the users' connections.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

It's not the user's connection, Camaro. I don't know why you ignore the problems H4 has and CONSTANTLY suggest it's the users' connections.

[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with the Halo 4 servers. Everything has been running fine.

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

If this happens frequently to multiple people in games where is no connection issues, then I doubt it has anything to do with internet connection.  More likely an issue with the messaging service to 343 servers, all multiplayer game data is sent and received to their servers.   During a match, partial statistics on the match are sent to 343's servers, at the end of the game a full copy of all the game statistics is sent.  If this final copy doesn't get through then it might explain why a game is listed as DNF and the stats are wrong.

[/quote]

This sounds like a logical and very probable explanation. I doubt it's a user connection issue.

I've always wondered this. Is having a Ping of 14 a Download of 15.12 and an Upload of 6.34 considere bad, average, or good?

[quote user="TopFire"]

I've always wondered this. Is having a Ping of 14 a Download of 15.12 and an Upload of 6.34 considere bad, average, or good?

[/quote]

That's very good.  The lower your ping, the better.  Ping is more important for gaming than your download/upload speed.  You don't download/upload large files when gaming online so download/upload speeds are rarely an issue for most people.  High ping (or network latency) will cause lagg in matches.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

[/quote]

I have to agree... I have connection issues myself lately, that happen a few times each gaming session and my gaming sessions aren't more than 1.5 hours or so lately. I have no other problems like this with other games I play, even on the same night.

That's not to mention asking for D/L and U/L speed isn't as helpful as most people think it is anyway. It doesn't give you much of a picture of what the situation is at all. For instance, I have my Xbox hard wired to my router. I only have 1 other PC in the house that is on the wired side of the network and it is never turned on when my Xbox is. Everything else is on the wireless side of the network and even at that, there are only 3 wireless devices total. 1 is my laptop... which like my PC... is never turned on while gaming.

Now in my routers settings, I have 'QOS' enabled. The router monitors network and bandwidth usage and a 'QOS rule' instructs the router to assign a priority level, or 'Quality Of Service' to specific devices. Of the 4 options (Highest, High, Normal, Low) I have my Xbox set to 'Highest' and the laptops set to 'Normal'. Under heavy network usage (which isn't very common in my house anyway), my router will obviously give the Xbox the highest priority and 'set aside' more bandwidth for it. I also have a reserved IP address set in the DMZ for my Xbox so the NAT is always open. Of course, this isn't taking into consideration the time of day, which may or may not make a difference depending on what ISP I'm on and if it's a high usage time of day.

Asking for U/L - D/L speed without asking for other pertinent info is merely asking for a single picture in time that may or may not even be close to relevant, depending on many other factors. Just another for instance. It's been awhile since I've even turned on my desktop PC, but I did a speed test on it and if memory serves, (I know it's close) it was 20+Mbps / 5.9Mbps.  Just did a test with the laptop I'm on now... 14.9Mbps / 3.9Mbps.

Both tests done at the same approximate time of day (mid afternoon) under the same network conditions (computer doing the test was the only one on the network) but one was using wired and the other was using wireless.