yet another hint that 32 players may be available on console BF3

scroll down and you'll see the IGN interviewer ask; "How does the difference between 64 players on PC and 32 on console influence map design?" to which Dice's GM doesn't correct him. Might just be an error on IGN's part when typing it up but that combined with the recent Battlelog stating 32 players on console seems to point to Dice reconsidering. 32 players IS possible on console afterall..

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

For some reason I doubt it'll be 32...but if they surprise us and it is 32..well then...that would be awesome.

It wont be 32 it WILL be 24 , dice have stated hundreds of times that if you want the graphics and the framerate you get 24 players and no more , they didnt say it wasnt possible they even said 64 players on console wasnt a problem if you want an overall choppy , laggy , low fps , visually poor experiance. Get over it , its 24 player on console

At the EA hub in Cardiff yesterday a member of staff confirmed that it was 32 player on consoles.

I'll believe it when I see it!

You may of misinterpreted how it it was written. 24/32(console/PC) meant exactly how it is. 24 players for console and 32 for PC. It all depends where that '/' is.

we'll see - but all evidence (including what Biddle87 said above) points to Dice having reconsidered. Yes 64 would make a horrible game regarding framerates etc but 32 shouldn't be a problem.

Where did this whole idea come from that 32v32 is "better" than 12v12?

More players in one match means more large-scale battles. Does that mean that the quality of gameplay will be better on PC? Probably not. It's not like PC is getting more weapons or maps, better detailed customization, or some special in-game feature not available on consoles.

Will conquest be more fun on console if it had more players? Eh, debatable (for example, think 3x as many bushwookies). Fact is, it's the same exact conquest game with more players (on PC).

Settle down boys and girls. This won't destroy the game for consoles.

I think it was just a typo error.

It will be 24,I'm not even sure it would make it that much better with 32.Depending on map size of course,hopefully its balanced right,Don't want another Heavy Metal.

Except most of the servers that I have played on in the earlier games on the PC rarely had more then 5 snipers that sat in one place. DICE could get rid of most of the useless wookies and get 16 players per team with a fog of war