xboxlive on windows 8

We know that xboxlive is comming to windows 8 bot does that mean that you will be able to play xbox360 games on pc ??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Microsoft is trying to deliver a service which allows you to buy a game, movie etc. that you will be able to play/watch anywhere on multiple windows devices.   Nothing is confirmed yet or denied but i believe that yes you will be able to play xbox games on PC. No one can say how this will be done. Emulation is unlikely. Personally if im playing an xbox game on PC , i hope there will be graphical settings that can be adjusted. If not then your better off buying the PC version.

Also i seriously doubt microsoft will be crazy enough to not allow cross platform play with PC/xbox 360. Logging on to Windows 8 only to see your friends online without the ability to play with them is just plain retarded. Thats one of the many reasons GFWL wasnt succesful. Microsoft did confirm asynchronous cross platform multiplayer which means simple turn based multiplayer.  This doesnt mean that they wont do synchronous cross platform multiplayer with games like Halo, COD etc.. Expect a service charge for that though. PC gamers may be forced to use a controller when playing against console players.

Its all speculation at this point. There isnt much info on the matter yet.  

You already have Live on the PC via Games for Windows Live. All they are doing is building it into the operating system (you can login to Windows 8 with your Windows Live ID) and branding it as 'Xbox' Live because it is the more recognised brand.

I also highly doubt you will be able to play Xbox 360 games on the PC. For a start console games require set hardware in order to work, the almost infinite variations to be found in the PC would be a block in that way.

Emulation is also unlikely because it requires a lot of hardware muscle and is very hit and miss, just look at how poor the original Xbox support is on the 360. Heck even NES or Master System emulation is still not perfect.

"Logging on to Windows 8 only to see your friends online without the ability to play with them is just plain retarded"

Yep, you can do this already. Games for Windows Live just as voteDC said.

gfwl kinda sucks anyway so why should they add xboxlive to windows 8 if you only will be able to play gfwl games on it. I have never understod why you should use gfwl when steam is so so much better.

[quote user="eltjias"]

gfwl kinda sucks anyway so why should they add xboxlive to windows 8 if you only will be able to play gfwl games on it. I have never understod why you should use gfwl when steam is so so much better.

[/quote]I think it is an excellent platform. The only time I've had trouble with it was when the certificate for Gears of War ran out but a swift patch soon sorted that out.

Games for Windows Live got off to a really bad start because initially Microsoft tried to charge for online play. Needless to say that didn't go down to well with the PC crowd who soundly told Microsoft to go shove it where the sun don't shine.

Oddly Microsoft soon dropped the need for a Gold subscription to play online with Games for Windows Live but that initial mistake has blighted people's opinions of it ever since.

Personally I've had far much more trouble with Steam than I have with GFWL. 

the reason why steam is so much better is that there are no games for gfw and noone i know uses it.

Lol.
Theres plenty of games available on GFWL.
I have a DL code sat here waiting for me to redeem it for Batman: Arkham City which i got free whan i purchased a new graphics card.

You could always donate it to me Piztup. Can't wait to get another job to replace my 8600GTS, it can still handle games at decent settings but it is getting a little long in the tooth.