Xbox.com (UK/GB) always directs me to Xbox.com U.S when I click on links?

This has been happening for as long as I can recall. Whenever there are special deals, gold only offers etc etc on Xbox.com, despite the fact I'm signed into the GB version of the site, it always links me to the U.S pages when I want to view the offers, and then of course prices are always in dollars. I usually have to manually change to URL to include gb instead of U.S to get to the right page, but that doesn't always work. Why does this happen? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

Hi,

This more than likely means that your account region is set to the United States. You can check that here by looking under Country/Region.

If it states it's in the United States, then you can change it to the proper region by visiting this page here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm, just checked there and I'm set as England, United kingdom. So that can't be the issue? :/

Sorry this didn't help.

That's certainly weird. The way the site works (when you're not signed into it) is that it looks up your geolocation from your IP. If you're using a VPN or a browser extension that alters this then that could be one explanation, but I'm honestly not too sure.

From what I understand when you're signed into the site and have an account registered, it will display the currency in whatever region your account is registered to.

Does this same thing happen if you try to use a different browser to login to Xbox.com? What about a different computer/network?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've never tried a different computer to be honest. I'll try it later when I'm on my desktop.

Though I've certainly never had issues with sites recognising I'm in the U.K in the past. I'll report back later. Not got anything running that I think could possibly mask my region in certain situations though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems possible that a stored cookie in your browser is reverting to then en-US site rather than en-GB. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then visit Xbox.com again and sign in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, if you look at the bottom of this browser window in the very bottom left corner what does it say ? United Kingdom or United States. If it says United States then click it and change your locale for xbox.com websites to United Kingdom.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.

eggsboxjuan - that did the trick as far as I can tell :) Clicked on the link on xbox.com for the deals of the week and it took me to the UK page whereas it would have been the U.S before.

No idea how it ended up being like that. My bookmark is set for xbox.com en-GB which is correct. MY account settings have me set at GB as well, so no idea how united states got set for anything else.

No matter, that seems to have worked. Thanks man :) and thanks to everyone else for trying to help :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Your bookmark would work fine and take you to the GB website, however as you discovered as soon as you click on anything on the xbox.com website it would default to the locale set for xbox.com websites. I had this happen once and ii was on these very forums I found my answer, like you though I had no clue how it got changed in the first instance.

-

I'm happy to see it worked out for you.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.