Xbox.com Regulars Thread

Hey guys,

Figured we'd start up another one of these so we can contain all our whining and complaining about the forum changes.

Here's some helpful links and tips for you guys:

RSS feed subscribe to the RB3 forums
This is the easiest alternative to the lack of "My Forums".

Forums Settings
I'd recommend turning off user signatures and tweaking your notification settings. No emails is probably best.

Xbox.com Wiki
A link to helpful (see: useless) articles about your Xbox console.

Don't forget to tag all your posts and favorite the crap out of everything until the forums break. :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Ride the Piggy"]

Hey guys,

Figured we'd start up another one of these so we can contain all our whining and complaining about the forum changes.

Forums Settings
I'd recommend turning off user signatures and tweaking your notification settings. No emails is probably best.

Xbox.com Wiki

Don't forget to tag all your posts and favorite the crap out of everything until the forums break. :)

[/quote]I'm going off the rails on the quote trainnnnnnnnnn.

Just found something else to throw on the complaint pile

When a thread gets a second page you have to click on the first page in order to jump to the new page (see the Pantara DLC thread) yuck

Hey guys,

Forums Settings

Xbox.com Wiki

[/quote]

You don't have to do that. Whenever you go to a specific game forum you'll notice or should I say see little tabs labeled "All Recent", "Unanswered", etc... If you click on the one that says "Your Discussions" It  will bring up all the threads you posted in, in that specific game forum. EX your Rock band 3 "Your Discussions" will be different from you Homefront "Your Discussions"

New forums do not work with Firefox. I get "The page isn't redirecting properly" Makes me sad. Dont make me use Opera!

So, what did they do with old posts?  I saw mention that they were archived somewhere.  Also, the pulldown menus don't even seem to have all the individual game forums listed.  I guess for an obscure or less-played game, you have to wait for a mod to start a new one?

[quote user="LithiumRain0926"]

Hey guys,

Forums Settings

Xbox.com Wiki

[/quote]

You don't have to do that. Whenever you go to a specific game forum you'll notice or should I say see little tabs labeled "All Recent", "Unanswered", etc... If you click on the one that says "Your Discussions" It  will bring up all the threads you posted in, in that specific game forum. EX your Rock band 3 "Your Discussions" will be different from you Homefront "Your Discussions"

[/quote]

So, instead of having a single link (like an RSS feed or a thread favorite) you'd rather click on the specific game forum, then click my discussions, then click the actual thread?

That's one method I suppose.

[quote user="CaptCalamity"]

So, what did they do with old posts?  I saw mention that they were archived somewhere.  Also, the pulldown menus don't even seem to have all the individual game forums listed.  I guess for an obscure or less-played game, you have to wait for a mod to start a new one?

[/quote]

There is a archived forum.

Here's the link:

forumsarchive.xbox.com

And here's the link to the RB3 ones in particular.

http://forumsarchive.xbox.com/2574/ShowForum.aspx

[quote user="DigitalEXP"]

New forums do not work with Firefox. I get "The page isn't redirecting properly" Makes me sad. Dont make me use Opera!

[/quote]Really? It works for me. Did you download the newest version of FF?

Ya 4.0.1. Thought it maybe was a cookie problem.....but no. :(

Hmm. Maybe revert to an older version? It must be something wrong with your setup, not necessarily Firefox, because if it was FF then it wouldn't work for me.

I'm using Firefox as well. Newest version.