Xbox.com downloads to inccorect console.

At the start of the year I purchased a new console. I then proceeded to transfer my licenses to the new console and it seemed like everything worked fine. However now whenever I try and download something from Xbox.com and go to my console it says that the content is assigned to a different console and wont download.

How do I get Xbox.com to download to my current console? I have tried calling support but the only answer they give is to just re-download it. There has to be a better way to do this as it is very frustrating having to download something then go on my console, cancel the current download, and go to history and re-download it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You should not have to cancel it on your console. You should have 2 options: One to download just the selected item; and another to download all items. Even if there is only a single item in the queue, you want to select the second option to download all items. This will then associate your gamertag with your new console so that items will be automatically downloaded to it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok I shall try that. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, I did as you said and it worked perfectly! Thank you very much.

If I may make a suggestion though, I have not found anything else about this issue in the support pages so perhaps it should be posted in the FAQS about transferring your licenses that you may have to do this step to be able to download from Xbox.com

Sorry this didn't help.