Xbox won't read disks?

I bought an extra slim today. I have no way to get either online as my wireless router is busted and they are sold out of the one I want. Anyway on the new one I put in a disk say, black ops. everything is fine. I take it out, try another game and it just says "Play DVD" I can eject it a hundred times and same thing. So I put black ops back in and it reads fine. No other games work though. I clear cache try again and whichever game goes in first works.

This works with any combination of my games. Doesn't matter which one I start with. I returned it and for a replacement and the next console still does it. My other slim is just fine. I tried using the hard drive out of my old slim in the new slim and I still have to clear cache every single time I change games. Sometimes if I shut the console off with the game in it and turn it back on it will work, but it's maybe 1/10 times. What's up with this? It happened on 2 separate brand new consoles. I tried old games, new games, it doesn't matter. It happens to all of them.

If it makes a difference I got them from Best Buy and my first one was from walmart at the slim launch.

**EDIT** I don't know why this posted here....I wasn't on this section of the forums...whatever.. if someone on this one has answers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Pretty much all of this I have tried. All 3 consoles are NTSC-U and all games match. Just the new consoles have the problem. Removing all storage works, I am assuming because there is no place for it to cache, but that doesn't fix the problem, just makes me unable to save my games or use a profile.

I have tried all like 25 of my games and none work after the first game has launched until cache gets deleted.

All games work fine on the old original slim with it's storage device as well as the ones from the new consoles.

Two seperate consoles had the same exact problem and I don't want to drive 20 miles back to best buy to exchange a third time, if they will even take it back again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, well. I exchanged for yet another console and guess what. The problem persists. I don't get it..Surely 3 seperate consoles don't suffer from a defect in a row. I didn't write serials down. I have looked all over this thing and it looks exactly the same, but my old one has an orange line where my kinect plugs into and the new one is yellow. Does this make a difference? Why are the sticker colors different? Does this have to do with my problem?

On a side note, Bestbuy said If I am still having problems I will need to take it up with Microsoft =( I am thinking I will just take it to a different BB and invest in a new ps3. Sure I can't play online, but at least I can play it period without jumping through hoops like leaving the hard drive out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im, having the same problem everytime i insert a game, only says '' Open Tray''  and its kind of frustrating. It all started after the last update i dont know if maybe thats the problem, and if it is,

when is the other update going to come out??

Sorry this didn't help.

If it works without the HDD attached then that's your problem OP. For some reason your HDD is preventing the games from being read.

And you should not have to clear the cache every time you put it in. I would phone support as obviously something is wrong with your HDD. Eve though it works in the other console it has to be what is causing the problem.

If it was a console issue then it would not work whether a HDD was inserted or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

maybe he deleted the system items by mistake? that will prevent your xbox from reading the hdd right, i think,,,not sure about that yet tho

Sorry this didn't help.

The thing is all 3 were 250gb bundles and all came with their own hard drives and didn't work straight out of the box. I also tried swapping with the other because it's a "known good" drive. So unless every hard drive just happened to be bad I don't think that would fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.

So, its a console issue? becouse i have the normal 4 gb xbox, i didnt get the bundle, my xbox doesnt have any hdd

but still have that problem, i keep my theory that is something wrong with the last update.

also other thing every time that i get the console to read the game and its starts, theres always a pop up box asking for an update of the game, CoD 4 and every time i install it, the game stops working, and says 'Disk error'  If i dont install that ''special update'' i can play it fine , but it logs me out of xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing is happening too my 4gb slim with battlefield 2 disc error and its a new disc , i exchanged he game twice already.

Sorry this didn't help.

the best thing to do when your xbox dosnt work properly is to call 1-800-4my-xbox

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

my xbox 360s(slim) wont read any discs and when you would put one in it would say reading..... and go to open tray.

well after trying numerous times to try to fix it myself i called xbox support and they helped me try to fix it unfortunetly it had to be sent in for repair. But as a sign of good faith they gave me a 1 month free membership card =).

___________________________________________________________________________________

PS: if your not getting the hint the morale of my posting is to call the PROS at XBOX SUPPORT or you could just email them.

Sorry this didn't help.