Xbox wont play modern warfare 2

Hello, when i put in my black ops CD or any otherr CD evrything works fine. but when i put in my modern warfare 2 CD it stats to load up but just before it gets to the sponsors it says it is unreadable. ive tried everything on the solutions page the disc is practically brand new. i dont know how to fix this problem. im confused as to why my black ops disk is about 10X more beat up then my MOD2 disk but black ops plays  fine and modern warfare doesnt play at all...any help would be good Thanks :D

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Have you tried installing it to your hard drive? I know this probably sounds daft but i once had a GH3 disc with an inch long split in it. Obviously it wouldn't load but i did manage to get it to install. Worked a treat after that as playing from the drive only needs the disc to authorise.

Also, does your local game retailer offer a disc cleaning service? Most do and only charge a small fee, might be worth a try if you've tried everything from the support page.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hello Dno thanks for your suggestions except i do not have a hard drive in my xbox. im not sure if thats the problem but i have 100MB of memory left and i already have the updates installed for MW2 it just will refuse to play. and i will try and get to a disk cleaning place as soon as i can

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this problem too, I cant install it because I hit "Game Details" and it does nothing. The game is in great condition.

Sorry this didn't help.

What do you see listed when you press (y), Crossbowing? Are you having the issue with the same game disc?

Sorry this didn't help.