Xbox Won't Let Me Remove a Payment Option!

This has been happening to me for about 2 years now. Whenever I try to remove my Xbox live payment option, it says that my card can't be removed. It says to "Visit www.xbox.com/accounts for additional payment options. I do everything it tells me to, and when I try to remove the payment option. It doesn't show my card, and it just shows my address on top. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I recently ran out of live a couple days ago, so I went and bought a Gold 12 Month Plan Card with my hard earned money and I redeemed it. It doesn't work saying my card is locked. I tried to unlock it doing everything it told me to do, and my card doesn't show, just my address. HELP

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  You can change your payment options at commerce.microsoft.com.  However, you cannot remove a payment option so long as you have a Gold membership.  If you would like to add the code you purchased you would need to deactivate the auto renewal then wait for the membership to run out before adding the new one.
However, you could contact phone support and have them remove the card from your account for you.  If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.