Xbox will not read games after update.

I have to say i am very disapointed with microsoft right now. As most gamers, it turns into a past time, and a daily thing almostr like a digetal drug so to speak. We over the last 5+ years have had more the our share of problems with our xbox360 units. Now once again our xbox is not working, after thinking i am going to ps3 i get an email from microsoft telling me the reason it will not read our games. It is because of this update that basicly turned my dvd drive into a paper weight. Don't get me wrong I am happy that microsoft is sending me a brand new system free of charge and being that i am in college for computer foresics I have a good idea that it is no easy task to write updates to millions of diffrent system types. I can understand that, its just wouldnt you keep all modles up and running to beta test your update before releasing it as a mandtory update?? I give you guys koodos for sending the replacment first and not pulling this send your unit in wait 1-2 months get it back and then repeat crap. Yet I paid alot of money over the years not only in systems and games, but the live time too. I guess now I see how long I am not able to game while I am paying for the live time right..:( Please get it together before millions switch to ps3 even with their hacking issues..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 150 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

did you get that message that was in black/white with lots of asian text? i just recently got my xbox back from microsoft repairs and i loaded up la noire and i got a weird text in black/white w/mostly asian text.  i was able to run after a shutdown but im not sure if it will happen again. i havent recieved any emails... i hope it was just a fluke

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When was there an update?  Cuz mine dont wanna read game discs anymore(started today).

Sorry this didn't help.

As matter of fact, on March 29, they did release a preview that was designed to test the update itself. Like any update, there were issues that caused certain consoles to no longer function. However they did offer customers free console repairs for such an issue. With sensitive software updates such as ones for new disc drive formats, one cannot completely predict the issues that may occur as a result of such an update.

However, this company is kind enough to not only include a free console, but they may also offer to you a prepaid card for free as compensation to your lost time. So overall, I would say that their customer service is pretty good considering that some companies would leave you in the dust. I would suggest that you show more appreciation for a company that is doing an action that is not required by their ToS or CoC as they could have done nothing to resolve your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am just curious about this because as of recentlry, about a few weeks now, my systems has been having trouble reading some disc. Crysis 2, Brink and now LA Noir are all iffy if the console will recognize the Game Disc is in the tray.<br><br>Some Times it just says "Play Game" and it is a blank picture on my dash. If I go to play I get a "Disc Unreadable" message. It does not happen with any DVDs or other games I play.<br><br>Is this the sort of issue they are talking about with the update. Because if it is, how do I contact them to check?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would advise contacting the support line by calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX as support would be able to address that issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't got this update yet, but is it so that after the update your xbox can't read any games or only the ones that come on the new 9.7Gb disks??

Sorry this didn't help.

Does microsoft send a new set to everyone affected or only those with warranties?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine Is doing the same thing this sucks!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Guys, please take a few minutes to read Majorn Nelson's post on this issue. The issue at  hand is not with the update going out today, but the last update. That being said, if you're experiencing issues that started more recently than the update, please make a new post, so the community can investigate your issue and offer a solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Mister Fitzer"]

Guys, please take a few minutes to read Majorn Nelson's post on this issue. The issue at  hand is not with the update going out today, but the last update. That being said, if you're experiencing issues that started more recently than the update, please make a new post, so the community can investigate your issue and offer a solution.

[/quote]

I'm still confused, by the way he words this. Is he talking about the Fall update last year? A specific update number would be nice. I was part of the Beta and my console used for the Beta will not read discs. I tried calling support. He told me to go to the Beta site. I could find nothing there. A little help please. Feel free to post here or PM me. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.