Xbox Video Region Conundrum!

Hello All! 

I'm sure there is a post for this problem somewhere but I've not spotted it so far! 

I live in the United Arab Emirates, where I purchased my Xbox One console. I have a UK account. 

Initially Xbox video worked for purchases and rentals no problems, then I received a message saying I was unable to make any further purchases due to being in the wrong region. 

When I changed my region from UK to UAE I then received a message telling me Xbox video was unavailable in my region! By this stage it was too late to change back and I had to wait the 3 months to switch back to the UK. 

I'm now left with the problem of having a UK account whilst living in the UAE. I can watch on Xbox video any legacy purchases I made but am unable to purchase or rent anything new without receiving an error code. 

Can anyone help?!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:
Answer

As mentioned above, there's nothing that can be done as Xbox Video/Microsoft Movies & TV is not currently available in the UAE and your account needs to match your physical location in order to purchase/rent content on the service.

Microsoft Movies & TV Team

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.