XBOX Stop chasing off all the good indie developers!! :'(

I just realized that Daylight is only coming out on PC and PS4. WHY DO THEY GET ALL THE GOOD HORROR GAMES!?! It just *** me off. I cant play Outlast and I can't play Daylight because they only came out on PS4 and PC. I'm a HUGE horror fan and I went with XBOX One because I'm a loyal fan but Microsoft needs to change their policies. I can't believe I'm going to miss these 2 great games because Microsoft is selfish. This sucks. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Or maybe just maybe you are depriving yourself of playing these games on other platforms.

[quote user="Baroni 88"]I went with XBOX One because I'm a loyal fan[/quote]

Oh boy.

[quote user="Baroni 88"]I can't believe I'm going to miss these 2 great games because I'm a loyal fan.[/quote]

Fixed this sentence for ya. You're welcome.

OP before ID@XBOX was from and made. This game was annouesed. It wasn't such program. Mayby in the futuer a speical edition fot XB1 will be made.

Outlast is very inexpensive through steam and operates just fine on an average pc such as mine.

Doesn't Microsoft have a rule that if indie developers wish to publish on the One, they have to release it on that console first.

So they want people to make it for the One and then put it on other platforms. Essentially, they want indie devs to make their titles timed exclusives.

Just use Steam you'll fall in love with it like everyone else.

But what if you dont like steam? I don't entirely approve of Valve's business practices or lack of Quality Assurance

MS wants games to be released first on the XB1 OR at the same time as other systems.  They want the Xbox gamers experience to be fresh, or so that's what they said.

You should try out the other platforms, if you can. Because I doubt Microsoft is going to change their polices

[quote user="Pyramid Head15"]

But what if you dont like steam? I don't entirely approve of Valve's business practices or lack of Quality Assurance[/quote]

A lot of the indie Developers sell DRM free versions of their games on their own websites or places like GOG, Humble Bundle, etc... So there's usually 2 versions of the games but sometimes you do get stuck with Steamworks. 

I am aware of that(but thanks). I was just pointing that not every loves Steam and i don't think its as amazeballs as most people claim. It is a good service but i don't think its the end all be like msot people claim.