Xbox still loud even after install?

I always install my games to the hard drive to make the Xbox run quiet.  Even after installing Gears of War 3 to the HD the fans on the Xbox are still going full blast when I launch the game.  I have the regular old white Xbox Arcade model.  Anyone else have this issue or know why this would be happening?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Fans =/= Disk drive.

Weird, it randomly just shut up all of a sudden while I was playing and it's quiet now (like when I install any other game to the HD)

It's normal. Gears of War 3 uses the new DVD technology. Everyones copy should do it.

Interesting, but why does it do that?

I just picked up a copy and yes. it seems to still be reading off of the DVD and not the HDD after install of game.

[quote user="RiskySniper"]

Interesting, but why does it do that?

[/quote]

I have no idea how the new technology works, I just know it's because of that. The disc will spin for a minute or two at game startup, then stop.

All my gears games do that 1 and 2 and i install them. I mean it is not as loud as it is when i don't install it but you still hear a little noise that you don't with other games. Not sure why.

All my other games work just fine and will on spin for a sec or two at the dashboard start up of the game. this includes GOW1&2. If by "new technology" you mean XGD3 disk then this shouldn't have anything to do with installing the game.

[quote user="Paloom"]

All my other games work just fine and will on spin for a sec or two at the dashboard start up of the game. this includes GOW1&2. If by "new technology" you mean XGD3 disk then this shouldn't have anything to do with installing the game.

[/quote]

It's not for a second or two like most discs do. It's more like for a minute or two.

It does. I have a clear disc drive and can literally see it spin for no more then 10 seconds after I press A to play from dashboard. If you mean GOW3 it doesn't seem to stop for me :(