xbox scratching discs

hey so recently my xbox has started scratching my discs its like a two year old xbox and I havent changed its horizontal set up in like a year but jst recently my black ops and bad co 2 discs have gotten scratches on them on the furthest inner ring on the back. whats the deal? is my xbox just like breaking for no reason all of a sudden or can I fix this? the games always work for a few minutes and then it says they are unreadable. It happened to my black ops first and then to my battlefield tonight and thats when I realized it wasnt just thr black ops disc being scratched since they both have the same exact type of scratch. HELP please thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

well 2 things then are you seating the disks in correctly? and is it on a stable surface

well if yes to both then you can ask for a repair

however if you had the xbox for over a year you are no longer covered under the 1 year general warranty

that being said you will have to go thru the troubleshooting first cause if you are no longer under the 1 year warranty you will have to pay 100dollars for ordering the repair online or 120 for agent repair proccess (cheaper and faster for you to do it online)

at the cost of the xbox s models you might as well buy a new console and buy extended service plan

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.