Xbox Scratched disk and installation problem

I Have a Call Of Duty Ghost game that is scratched and wanted to install it on my xbox so it would work better, but each time it gets to 40% or 55% it says disk is unreadable and your disk is either scratched or dirty and recommends cleaning it, what i was wondering is is there another way to install a scratched game from online if you already have a copy of the game. i just thought up a random idea that if you have a xbox game then it could have its own set code so the xbox will recognize you have it and if it becomes damaged and unable to find other ways of fixing it or installing it that you could just download it from online?

Question Info

Last updated September 29, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

Disc* not disk.

I doubt Activision has newly printed copies of games lying around. Ask a friend to install the game then use your disc to boot. I find that a lot of Activision games for some odd reason have discs that decide to fall apart. I've owned a bunch of COD games and Tony Hawk titles, and the middle plastic loves to separate and crack for absolutely no reason. I own Tony Hawk Proving Ground, and the disc is in immaculate condition. Not a single scratch, not even from regular use. However the console can't read it because the middle is damaged.

tl;dr, Ask a friend or call Activision and pay some money for a replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That has been brought up many times before, but currently the only way you can get a digital copy is if you purchase it digitally.

If you have a friend who has the same game, you can try using their disc to install the game and then use yours to play the game. If the drive can still read the disc long enough to start the game while it's installed, it should work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah if its that scratch get new one.... I just checked Amozon avg $9 New with 99cent shipping NEW ...

Sorry this didn't help.

You can call activision and ask for a disk replacement which you have to send in the disk and it gets replacedfor. A nominal fee like 20bucks

This is also why disk warranties are available

Sorry this didn't help.

or you could go to you local game store to see if they can repair the disc like game does in the uk heres a link to show you what I mean www.game.co.uk/.../Disc%20Repair%20Service

Sorry this didn't help.