XBOX SCRATCHED AND RUINED MY DISC!!

I bought a brand new Fable 3 game. Opened the box put it into the xbox to play and it started making these loud whirring sounds like it was REALLY running hard. Then I heard something that sounded like scratching. I opened the disc tray immediately and when I looked at the underside of my game there were circular scatches that ran around the entire disc. I tried cleaning it and putting it in again only to hear the same scratching sounds and the xbox tells me the disc is now unreadable. I did not move my xbox. There were no vibrations in the house. I did not change it from a vertical to horizontal position or vice versa. The thing just ruined my game.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2,230 Applies to:

Hey, is it scratches or laser burn?

If scratches you can get the disk repaired at various different games stores e.g GameStop, Blockbuster etc.

If its laser burn, depending on the severity of it you can still play the disk if you can install the game to your xbox via another copy of the game (borrow from a friend or rent from a store).

Also, does the console do this to any other disks or was it just this one occurence?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I wouldn't know the difference between the two. And I know I CAN get it repaired but that's just more money out of my pocket for something that shouln't have happened in the first place. And the console has made that sound before with other games but none of them ever came out looking like this one.

Sorry this didn't help.

How old is your console? It may need repairing (replacement disk drive)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there MobilizedList47,

Large circular scratches on a game disc are caused when the console is bumped or moved while in use. To avoid this being accidentally done in the future, you might want to consider horizontal placement of the console if you are not already doing so. You can also look here for an official replacement program for all first party game discs. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

The same thing had happened to me also, I was playing BattleField 4 and my console was Horizontal and it had made a screeching rumbling type of sound. I opened the tray slot and the disk had came out in and awkward position. My xbox was not bumped or moved while i was playing the game but, like iNenjeh Pandeh had said Gamestop can fix the game disk by buffing it.

Sorry this didn't help.

This also happened to me. I had a two in one game with Pure and Lego Batman. I put it in my Xbox, and it scratched both of them. The Xbox 360 original(White) and Elite(Black) have flaws with this.  Although I have never experienced this on the Xbox 360 Slim or E. So if anyone thinks about buying a new 360, I suggest  buying the Xbox 360 E or Slim, depending on how much you want to spend on the Xbox itself as well as the games if they get scratched.

Sorry this didn't help.