xbox says open tray; have tried all steps already listed

My account was recently closed due to unauthorized access.  Today I received an email with the Account Recovery Directions.  I followed all directions to recover my account.  Now, when I load a disc, I get an error message saying "open tray".  I have followed the steps listed in previous forums posts to fix this problem, but it still will not let a disc load.  I was uncertain if the problem may be related to the previous unauthorized access or not.  What should I do next?

My service request number is 1161264210, if it is needed.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

And is this happening with all you game discs, dvd'd etc?. And you tried all the steps here?.

From what I have seen Open tray is usually an issue with the drive so it seems unlikely it would be connected to an unauthorised access case. As you say you have tried all the steps available to fix the 'open tray' issue yourself then ordering a repair/service may likely be the next step.

Just to be sure its not linked to your account you could try making a free account to see if they load, I don't think it will help though tbh.

But I sympathise with your plight I had this error on a previous console myself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.