Xbox saves wont work with new console

Sorry if this doesn't go into the right area, feel free to move it.

I finally got to play my Xbox today its a new slim version. I didn't do any transfer of files from HDD to HDD because I had my old one plugged in. Anyway, I pop in LA Noire and no saved game is present. I quit, went to my 250gb hdd, moved my saved game file over to my 4gb hdd already in the new xbox slim. Go to start the game up and I click resume. I finish off the case I was last on - got the star marking of 3 (shameful really) and then pressed A and continued as usual. Well after it finishes loading, it takes me back to the LA Noire home screen where you have to press A. Long story short, even with my old HDD removed from the xbox it still took me round in circles about 5 times before I end up getting pissed off.

My question to you guys is what the hell is wrong with my saved file and why can't I progress to other cases. I'm presuming its going to happen with every other game I try to play to. So is there something I need to do with my xbox to make it normal again?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Was your previous console a slim also, the one you are using the HDD from on your new console?.
Or was it an original 360.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.