Xbox ruined my call of duty: Black Ops

Today i wanted to play black ops and it worked just as usually but when i'm in a game online or in combat training it just stops and say's something as: The downloadable context or something has changed. And it stops working and gets me to the main menu. It makes a rare sound also since i can't play only black ops. Other games on my xbox i can play. When i checked the disc i saw a big round scratch trough my cd that. The scratch was tottally round! I heard more things about the xbox that it can scratch your games so i think i'm maybe gonna buy ps3 or i want atleast my black ops back without paying the full price aigan for it. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

obviously, you jolted your xbox while the game was in there causing *lazer burns* typically never stand your xbox up and do not ever move it while it is on.

you will not get any refunds or such as this is your fault.

-do not read me

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

These marks are usually caused when the console is knocked or moved while the disc is inside it.

1, Try to install the game to your HDD and see if it runs.

2, Take the disc to a game retailer a lot of them provide disc buffing services for a small charge.

3, Borrow a friends copy and copy it to your HDD, it may run off your disc if the damage is not to bad.

4, But a new copy of the game.

5, If you feel you would have a better gaming experience on a PS3 then by all means buy one, that is your choice OP. 

Also when you try to load the game what message do you get?, exactly!....

Sorry this didn't help.

hey i read this from the callofduty FAQ,

"My disc is scratched or damaged. Can I get a new one?"

The disc is covered by a limited warranty that covers only manufacturing damage. However, you can obtain a new disc as a paid replacement. The fee is usually $20. Please contact Activision's Customer Support department to begin the replacement process.

Sorry this didn't help.

well today i cant play a dang thing it will load for a second then when i play online it usually freezes my game is flawless and was never moved in the xbox and its not a faulted disc bc i just played black ops today and yesterday so wtf is with treyarch or the new xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.

It wasnt the xbox actual fault. Did you ever move the  Xbox while it was on? Thats the problem with everyone. That happen to me too and I didnt even have the Xbox for a night yet, and I already busted Black Ops. Besides, you can return it from where you bought it, trust me.

Sorry this didn't help.