Xbox Regions

i live in Dubai,UAE and many of my friends in india and us have xbox gold memberships. i have an xbox 360 elite,a kinect and many games . one of these games is fifa11. i love to play this game, i recently chatted with my friend who lives in india and he says playing fifa online is so much fun. he says i have to get a gold membership to play online. sp i go on the xbox site. my credit card details ready and i find out my region(i.e- uae) is not listed. i was very dissapointed.i wonder why can't it be worldwide?? dubai is such a famous city! please see to it that the region listings are changed so that it can benifit all the people that have xbox's in the uae region.

Thank You

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The UAE is not a Live supported region so you will experience issues purchasing/using content from the Marketplace as well as certain features and services. International, copyright, license, local and government laws all play a part in what is and is not allowed in each region. The latter two play the biggest role in that. You and your friends should petition your government to allow XBL in their region. If MS had their say in the matter, XBL would be available globally, but because of the aforementioned laws, even MS has to adhere to them.

Your only recourse is to buy a pre-paid Gold card from the same region as your XBL account. That means if you lied and said you live in the US then you would have to buy one from the US. You can either go there physically to get one or use Amazon or some other reputable online retailer to get one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.