Xbox Refund Policy is a joke

I contacted Xbox today about a game I have been having trouble with for a year already and after updating the game and my Xbox one the game still freezes, and now my 10 year old nephew is still in tears thanks to Xbox not helping me with my issue on getting my game Lego Hobbit refunded to my account, and its pretty sad they kept using the same excuse you purchased it a year ago so we won't refund you with no receipt, hello dummies my Microsoft account is my receipt especially since it was a digital download from the system. I demand my refund or the better business Bureau will be contacted on how corrupt Microsoft and Xbox are.

Question Info

Last updated July 11, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sorry to hear you're upset.  However, phone support is the final say on billing issues.  We cannot really give an opinion or help with this issue.

However, you have had the game for a year and have probably enjoyed a fair amount of it (earning achievements, etc).  There are no refunds if you've had the game for quite a while.

Now, that being said have you considered deleting and redownloading the game to see if that helps?  If so, then perhaps try a factory reset on the console (be sure that your games are on an external hard drive before doing this before hand to ensure you don't have to redownload them).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yep - support is a joke....unauthorized charge on my account and they won't refund...wow.....terrible c/s...cannot get English speaking rep when we call - it's not the rep's fault - MIcrosoft needs to own it.... Nintendo sounding good about now

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.