Xbox reading game as a DVD?

I just bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and it played fine yesterday. Turn on my XBOX today and it says play DVD. Put some other games in and they read fine. its just AC: Brotherhood. The disc is in good condition, no scratches or anything. What do I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You could try getting a new one, from the shop you got it from?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried the game on my brother's new XBOX and it worked just fine. So it isn't the disc. Could it be my disc drive, would it play some games but not others?

Note: Bought the game on amazon and like I said game is in very good condition and play perfectly yesterday. And is the only game that is doing this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try clearing your systems cache, maybe theres something with that game that has currupted temporary files. If that doesnt work, try installing it on your other xbox onto a flash drive then transfer the flash drive and data to you're xbox and see if it reads it then.

Sorry this didn't help.

This problem sounds like you have burnt out or dirty laser,  a hardware failure or defective hardrive. but to determine this, let's try a few quick and easy fixes, before you should request repairs. First off Try doing a dashboard refresh, Press Guide Button > Hold RT > Press Y. If this does not work then, If your console is laying on its side, try to put the console upright.

sometimes your laser might just be having problem reading the disc if it is on its side, ( not sure why this is), if none of the above or any other player/support staff solutions have worked, then you will need to contact Microsoft Support and request a console repair. Hopefully you still have warranty :) good luck and hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

This does sound like a failing optical drive as ONELONGGAMERTAG had suggested.  You can try using an optical drive cleaning disc (MSRP ~$10) to clean off and recalibrate the laser.  If that does not work it would be best to contact support and request a repair.

Sorry this didn't help.