Xbox Originals - Offical HD.

Hi, I recently bought a 60GB Hard drive from ebay. Here is a link to the page ; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120774624531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

As you can see in the list it states that it is an official HD and is able to play Xbox original games. If i look in my memory menu it does indeed have a microsoft logo next to the hard drive. I recently purchased GTA San Andreas from the marketplace and downloaded it onto my hard drive. Once it had finished i tried to launch the game and got ;

"Error this game cannot be started, please try downloading it again"

I downloaded it several times to no avail. I have formatted my hard drive, cleared the cache and also removed all updates using l"b rb X lb rb x" - this also didnt work.

Any idea what i can do to solve this problem? i really want to play this classic game :D

Xbox 360 Slim 4gb Edition.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I checked to see if I could find any information about playing this game on a 60GB hard drive.  I didn't come across anything. You want to be sure your XBOX has the latest system update but it looks like you may have done that.  You can find out how to do that here in case you want to try again.  Also you can try deleting the game from your hard drive and then going into your history to re-download it, but again you may have done that.  If all else fails, you can contact customer support in several ways here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The first problem here is that you purchased the drive on ebay.  I hate to say this but the person you bought the drive from could have been lying.  I could take any old drive I find and modify it to work on xbox then post it for sale saying it's an official drive.

The proof that it is not an official drive is in the fact that your game will not play.  An official drive has the firmware pre-installed to allow it to work.  

Sorry to tell you but you will have to go through the person you bought the drive from to try and get your money back.  In the future, I would recommend spending the few extra dollars and getting the drive from a legitimate retailer nearby.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.