XBox Originals not working at all...

Neither disc based nor downloadable XBox original games are working on my console.  I have deleted and re-downloaded, cleared the system cache, even wiped my update data and reinstalled, no luck.  This is my third XBox360 I have had (first two sent in for repair and got back refurbished models), and yes each time I got a new one I did a license transfer, that still hasn't helped either.  Below is further info, I hope somebody can help as I really want to play these games again!

What game are you trying to play?

Jade Empire, Sid Meier's Pirates, GTA: San Andreas, Burnout 3: Takedown, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Is it a disc or downloaded version?

Jade Empire is a disc, the other 4 are downloaded.

What type of console are you using?

Older style, the big 360.

What size HDD are you using?

120GB

What error code or message are you receiving?

No code, the message that pops up simply says the game couldn't start and to try downloading it again.  It then says to visit xbox.com/support.  It should be noted this message appears when I try to play any of the games, whether disc based or downloaded.

So that is that, the only other thing I can think to say is all other content on my 360 works fine including add-ons, movies, apps, about 20 XBL Arcade games, Indie games, and any other installed content along with just regular old 360 disc-based games.  Any help here would be nice, I know all of these games are compatible, anyone else having these issues?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

forums.xbox.com/.../25.aspx

-

Hi, have you checked out the link above at all.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I have, that is where I began and got the idea to clear system cache and reinstall the update.  The only step I have not taken from that post is reformatting my hard drive, which I would rather not do as their is over 50GB of installed and downloaded data on it that I don't want to have to reinstall but it is looking like that may be my only option.

If it helps clarify further, the more I think about it I believe all of these games (the downloadable ones at least) stopped working when I got this hard drive which I bought used as an upgrade to my old 20GB.  The drive itself is an official Microsoft drive, although is off an Elite system (the drive is black, my box is just a vanilla variant).  When I first installed it I don't remember if I formatted it as it was already blank and I assumed it was formatted by the store I purchased it from.  Before I bother with wiping the whole thing can anyone confirm if this may be the solution?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest double checking your license transfers by calling 1-800-4my-Xbox, make sure they're all set.  After that, if you already tried clearing the cache and re-downloading the games and updates, and still have no progress, then get your hands on a flash drive or use the cloud to back up your saves, and format the HDD.  I hope you get your games working.

Sorry this didn't help.

The casing may well be from a genuine hard drive but the actual drive itself I suspect isn't, even if you format the drive on the console it shouldn't cause any issues with backwards compatabilty. I honestly believe whoever traded the drive in has swapped out the original hard drive for a third party hard drive. Formatting it now will I suspect resolve nothing.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.