xbox original help

hello

i (or my son!) have a xbox 360 4gb but he wants to play an old original xbox game that is on the compatable list.

he doesn't have a genuine 360 external drive but i plugged him an old spare drive i had in it and it does work because he has a game or two already installed on it, 

but we cant get it to install the old game, does it have to be a genuine ext hd to install these games as it seems strange he can install his 360 games on it?

ta 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

For original games you need the offical hard drive. The 360 uses a software emulator to run original titles which is stored on the offical hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You will need this > www.gamestop.com/.../83934 > It's a bit pricey on this site but look around on other reputable stores/online sites and you can find it for around ~80-100. That's just the first result that came up. But that's what your son would need in order to be able to play his Original XBOX games on his XBOX 360. Once that's installed, the game will prompt to do an update and then the original XBOX game should load and play.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.