Xbox Original Games

Hello Community,

Bsically have come here asking one simple question. I recently found an xbox game that played in my childhood years two actually and looked on the list to see if it was compatable with xbox 360 and those two game's were listed. Yes these two game's were back in he arly years when the black xbox was around so my question to you is.

Do I need to download these two old xbox game's off the dashboard or can buy the original game itself with the disc obviously and put it in he disc tray for it to play or doesn't work like that ?

Sorry just ever since the 360 has came out haven't played any old xbox game's since so have no idea if have to download/purchase it from the dashboard or actually buy the game from a website to plug in and play so to speak.

Any help would be greatful.

Thank youu.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

'Original Xbox drive' means an Xbox 360 drive made by Microsoft, not made by someone else, FYI.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi vital,

You can either purchase this game from the games on demand marketplace or purchase it in a disc form and it will work on your Xbox 360 console. Please note that you need to make sure that this is on the backwards compatibility list, you have the latest Xbox 360 dashboard update (if you can connect to Xbox LIVE successfully then you have this already), and finally you need to make sure that you have an original Xbox 360 hard drive for any original Xbox games to work on the Xbox 360.

You can read more about original Xbox game compatibility with the Xbox 360 here.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can download from the games demand marketplace. Making sure the game is backwards compatible, if it is, you can purchase the original xbox game and simply pop it in the xbox 360 and download the update for it.

Sorry this didn't help.