Xbox original game help

I recently bought and downloaded two xbox original games from the marketplace (burnout 3 and splinter cell chaos theory), and when i went to play both of them, it said i couldn't play the game, and to re download them. so did that, and i still had the same problem. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

what 360 do you have and what hard drive do you have if you have the current slim with the 4 gig (internal flash memory) you need a 250 or 320 gig MS brand internal hard drive to play any supported original games.  if you have the older fat with the clip on drive you need a 20, 60, 120, or 250 gig drive to play those games, good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to add to davemcfly85's solution, the hard drive must be an official Microsoft drive and not a 3rd party knock-off or clone. The non-official ones do not have the partition and emulation software necessary to run original Xbox games - one of the reasons you find them at half the price of the official Microsoft ones. Make sure you check this before purchasing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.