Xbox One won't display full Green box

I have gone through numerous amounts of support people, and none of them had any idea how to fix it. I have tried different HDMI cables, different Tv's, and have turned on the console while holding the power and eject button(makes console run at lowest resolution). But as soon as I change the resolution on the console to 720p or 1080p it goes back to cutting off the green box. Does anyone have an idea when Microsoft will release an update to address this or is there some way to fix it? Oh also Even in the display settings it says "If you still can't get the green lines to show, just make sure the blue lines are visable." As if they rushed to get the xbox one out and did not bother fixing the resolution problem...

Can you take a pic of what's going on?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried different picture size settings on the TV? I have a Samsung LCD and only the 'screen fit' setting displays the full image through HDMI (the green lines around the edge of the screen in the calibrate HDTV menu). Any other setting crops the image, including 16:9 setting, which you would think would be the correct setting to use. Other TVs have similar settings and are often set to the wrong display setting by default (usually 16:9 or 'auto').

Worth a try. Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure why this is in the Games forum as there is a whole other thread over in the Console & Accessories forum forums.xbox.com/.../1628612.aspx.  If your TV can't adjust the size of the HDMI picture, then you're out of luck (for instance my Panny has Size 1 and Size 2).  The other option is find the commands to get into the service menu and change the settings there, but be careful doing that.  Hopefully MS will patch this soon for all of you with this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2023 Views 573 Applies to: