XBOX One video app problems

If anyone one out there can help me with an issue i'm having with my XBOX video app it would be greatly appreciated. Bear with me because I'm a first time poster. I can go into the app itself but it will no longer play trailers, movies or any show that I have bought or rented. Whenever I try to play anything all it does is drop me back to the homepage. Things I have done to try and fix the problem so far are as follows; I have flushed the memory by doing a total reboot, restarted my router, erased the video app, and took the machine back to it's factory default settings. All my other apps and games seem to work just fine, which includes Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon. Also, my XBOX 360 doesn't have this problem so I'm really at a loss here. One final thing to note. I have been in contact with a several Microsoft techs for over a week now but they so far have not been able to pin down the cause of the problem either. Although they did fix another issue with my router ports being closed. As I said before, any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey D3nted Knight,

Hope you're still not having this issue!  The Xbox Video app has recently received an update and the Xbox One dashboard has also received its "February" update as well.  Please try and watch some Xbox videos/trailers and see if you still have any issues.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.