Xbox one turns TV and Receiver off if they're already on.

I have a logitech harmony for xbox remote that I use with my Home theater setup with multiple devices.

If I know I am going to use only the Xbox One, I want the Xbox One to be able to turn on everything.

Sometimes I will be using a different device with my TV and Receiver but then I want to switch to my Xbox One, but when I turn on my Xbox One, it tries to turn on my TV and Receiver, but they're already on and the Xbox One sends the power toggle command which turns them both off. So I started with my TV and receiver on and my XB1 off and now my XB1 is on, but my TV and Receiver are off.

I know for a fact that my TV (Samsung LN40A650) and Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR607) have separate Power On and Power Off commands (that will leave them on if they are already on and vice versa) because I can issue them from my universal remote.

Why can't the Xbox One use power On/Off commands instead of the dumb Power Toggle commands if they exist for the device in question?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Great idea - it's kind of a hassle to have the One turn off my TV and sound system, and then i have to manually turn each one on again to use them for something else.  Then have to reverse it all again when i turn on the One.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that this should be fixed in the June update. Once that comes out, go ahead and tweak your power settings to use discrete on/off commands if you want to.

PM on Groove Music, formerly worked on OneGuide, TV, and Game Streaming on Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.

Studbucket, you are my new best friend.  The responsiveness of you guys in these forums is nothing less than extraordinary.

Thanks!  

Sorry this didn't help.