Xbox One support for exe files

Hello

Today I found out that it is possible to download exe files to an Xbox One but there is no support for exe files whatsoever. I wanted to ask why this is because if this was a possibility people could do so much more with their consoles. Just to be clear though, the file that I downloaded was from a verified website and is in no way harmful to my console or xbox live services, well I can't run the file anyway so there is no way any harm could possibly come from downloading this file. Going back to what I was saying, personally I believe that a company as well known as Microsoft should support exe files on their console so people can run and use them. Can somebody please  explain why this would be an issue? Does id@xbox have something to do with it?

Thanks in advance

John

Hey there, Comrade Creepz!

The ability to run .exe files on the Xbox One console is currently not a supported feature. However, if this is something that you would like to see in the future, then we'd recommend posting your feedback on the Xbox User Voice Forums so that the proper teams are aware.

65 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How Did You Do That

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2020 Views 5,464 Applies to: