Xbox One streaming to Windows 10 has no video

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my PC.  One of the first things I wanted to play with was the streaming function with my Xbox One.  I made sure the Xbox preferences were set to allow streaming.  Launched the Xbox App in Windows 10, logged in and it found my Xbox and connected.  I ran the streaming test which gave me green checks for all qualities.  Then I selected stream, a blue window screen comes up briefly saying connecting to Xbox, then it says connected and reverts back to the previous screen, but it is slightly greyed out view of what the PC was already showing with a header at the top.  The header goes away if I don't move my mouse or appears when I do.  It has the unmute microphone, video setting, and stop streaming options.  I can hear the Xbox One sounds when use the left/right arrows on the controller (both the one connected to the PC and the one connected to the xbox).  However I don't get any video stream from the Xbox.  I adjusted the video all the way down and all the way up with no difference.  Both devices are hardwired via 1gb Ethernet.

My PC video card is an AMD Radeon 5450 with VGA, DVI, & HDMI out.  I am using the HDMI with 1920x1080 resolution.

Please provide some suggestions of things to try.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:
Answer

Dundijinnx,

Try power cycling your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds or until the console turns off, then reboot your PC, turn your console back on, open the Xbox App, remove the Xbox Console from the list, then click the Add a Device option again and re-add the Xbox One. Try streaming again and see if that works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.